Shoe stickers for call girls

Soldato
OP
Visage said:
Hmm...so women who turn to prostitution do it freely? There's no element of coercion, or feeling that its the only option open to them?

I said majoritively. The fact is, if you do something illegal, you don't expect the protection of the law. Or at least you shouldn't. If they're beaten up, then fine, they need to be able to get in touch with the police. But then, what about university students who get attacked on their way home and can't get a copper for love nor money because all the money has been spent on looking after those who flaunt the law on a daily basis because it brings in more money than benefits?

There shouldn't be special treatment.

Associate
kitten_caboodle said:
Irrelevant really, majoritively they're doing so by choice. If I chose to go to a nightclub alone and go home to a flat with 7 blokes, most people would say it was my choice and why the hell should they pay for me to have stickers on my shoes in case I got attacked? And that's not illegal - stupid maybe, but not illegal.

I'm sure if you asked at the police station, they would give you some stickers...

Permabanned
kitten_caboodle said:
I said majoritively. The fact is, if you do something illegal, you don't expect the protection of the law. Or at least you shouldn't. If they're beaten up, then fine, they need to be able to get in touch with the police. But then, what about university students who get attacked on their way home and can't get a copper for love nor money because all the money has been spent on looking after those who flaunt the law on a daily basis because it brings in more money than benefits?

The cost of the stickers will be inconsequential.

The message that they give out, however, is not. The message is that prostitutes are just as entitled to not be beaten up as anyone else, and that anyone attacking them will be pursued just as strongly by the law as if they beat up your average person going about their lawful lives.

It is this notion that will mean the scheme bears fruit - if even one man is deterred from attacking a prostitute then thats one set of police time that has been saved - no filling out of forms, no collecting of evidence, no pursual of a suspect, no time in court, no prison sentence, no requirements for parole.

And that will add up to a hell of a lot more than the cost of some stickers, so the police can move on to protect parts of society that are less vulnerable, but just as deserving of protection, such as the groups you have mentioned.

Associate
kitten_caboodle said:
but you wouldn't give a drug dealer a bullet proof vest to stop him being shot would you? Why do they deserve more protection than anyone else?
Couldn't agree more!
By making prositution "easier" then more women (and men!) are going to take it up (erm, just read that and no pun intended :D ).

All those who sypathise with prositutes should remember that they are more likely to take it up as a profession if it is safer, not the opposite.

The prositutes should be locked up and then they wouldn't get beaten, surely this is also a valid argument based on reducing crime. Since the men who commit GBH wouldn't have anyone to beat up?

To encourage crime, IMHO, is the aurthorities giving in and a crime in itself.
:mad:

Soldato
that is rubbish, how about they just remember the number. I mean damn, it is only 1 phone number, and it isn't that hard.

Whatever happened to 999?

Associate
I'm guessing this is rather intended to help prostitutes report OTHER crimes, not ones commited against them - they're some of the most prolific and reliable police informants around, after all! ;) Think about it, if you're being chased by someone who wants to mash your face in you won't take off your shoe and hold it in one hand, reading the number off the sole, dialling on your mobile with the other hand, all the while hobbling along on one foot down the street screaming "Help! Help!" would you? :p

Why the sole of the shoe though, I wonder? Is it because they spend a lot of time with their legs wrapped around their necks? Or is it to make it easy for OTHER people to read after they discover the prostitute's corpse lying face-down in an alley after she's been caught due to hobbling along on one foot trying to call Crimestoppers on her mobile?:D

Soldato
OP
manveruppd said:
Why the sole of the shoe though, I wonder? Is it because they spend a lot of time with their legs wrapped around their necks? Or is it to make it easy for OTHER people to read after they discover the prostitute's corpse lying face-down in an alley after she's been caught due to hobbling along on one foot trying to call Crimestoppers on her mobile?:D

I shouldn't have giggled. :o

Permabanned
kitten_caboodle said:
but you wouldn't give a drug dealer a bullet proof vest to stop him being shot would you? Why do they deserve more protection than anyone else?

Hmmm. IMO more danger should warent more protection.

The army get bullet proof vests and guns to protect themselves, so those poor girls should get what ever they need IMO.

It's very dangerous industry and those ladies need any help they can get.

Soldato
OP
DAVEM said:
Hmmm. IMO more danger should warent more protection.

The army get bullet proof vests and guns to protect themselves, so those poor girls should get what ever they need IMO.

It's very dangerous industry and those ladies need any help they can get.

but they are partaking in an illegal industry. And the last time I checked the armed forces weren't an illegal service (though the legality of the wars they are involved in is debatable) And before anyone says that prostitution isn't illegal (WE KNOW), if they ain't soliciting, they won't get beaten up by the punters...will they??

Soldato
It is strange that it's a sticker for the shoe. Why can't they just put the number in their mobile?

Anyway, I don't think taxpayers should be paying for this, they should pay their own way, they make enough money.

Incidentally I don't think prostitution or soliciting or whatever should be illegal anyway. It's a bit silly.

Permabanned
kitten_caboodle said:
but they are partaking in an illegal industry. And the last time I checked the armed forces weren't an illegal service (though the legality of the wars they are involved in is debatable) And before anyone says that prostitution isn't illegal (WE KNOW), if they ain't soliciting, they won't get beaten up by the punters...will they??

So it isn't illegal but these girls are going to do it anyway, BUT you dont want them to be protected... then your sick IMO... they don't deserve that, they don't WANT to do it (in most cases), they do it because they need the money or are forced into it.

They need protecting, and the sooner the better I think.

The trade is there because there is a demand, but that doesn't mean (in any form) that it is right to assault one of these girls, I think we owe to them, especially in a society where this exists, to protect them. They are targets of Pedo's and all sorts of scum, we should make sure they are safe.

full stop

David

Soldato
OP
DAVEM said:
So it isn't illegal but these girls are going to do it anyway, BUT you dont want them to be protected... then your sick IMO... they don't deserve that, they don't WANT to do it (in most cases), they do it because they need the money or are forced into it.

Interested to know how you know that tbh. Seems to be a common misconception - just so happens that prostitution pays better than benefits. And lets not forget that prostitutes don't pay tax. What it does pay for is satisfying plenty of drug and drink problems. Not all, but a fair amount.

I never said it was fair to attack them. However if I chose to do something illegal and I was injured, people would say 'your fault' rather than throw money at helping me do it again safely.

I mean, wft are these people on if they can't remember 999? The whole industry should be legalised and taxed, then they'd be putting something back into the system rather than just taking out.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom