Shoot people for a good cause!

Associate
(Note: This has been cleared with an admin, including presenting to him the charity registration number and address.)

I have been volunteering at a local deaf charity for the past few years as some of my family members are deaf. Recently, they received tickets for all-day group paintballing games from the owners of 30 paintballing centres in the UK. The intention is to sell these tickets at a discount to help a fundraising effort for the benefit of the charity.

Thinking about how much I am sure some here would love the opportunity to go for a good shoot-em-up (you can pretend to be Gordon Freeman, etc if you like :p), I thought it would be a good idea to post about the opportunity here.

We have ten ticket books left (eight players per book) at £35 each (around £4.38 per player). The usual price for such a book is £50. You do the math. Players do need to pay an extra £10 each for hire of guns/masks/etc - it still adds up to far less than the cost of a very average night out :D

People who have never been paintballing before seem to always ask about how much it hurts when one is shot. I've been paintballing twice, wearing a jumper under my overalls, and I've never felt a lot of pain, nor have I had any bruises from being shot - well, I did feel some pain once, when I was shot in the buttocks :o Close-range shooting is absolutely banned as well, and the rules are strictly enforced. You will get a health-and-safety briefing at the start of the day.

I think that's about it...please do lend your support for a small, local charity by allowing yourself to legally shoot your family/friends/colleagues :D

The deadline for these tickets is the 25th of August, so do hurry and have fun in the sun - well, if you can, with the UK weather :p

As I'm sure most of you are generous people, here's a very small tip I learnt in my first game...bushes are your friends. Hide behind one, especially dead ones, and you will be able to see everybody, but they will find it very difficult to shoot you due to the branches. All you need to do is to watch for targets, and then sit up and pick them off :)

All the centres you can choose to play in (BBQ available in most, if not all of them):

Interested? Questions to ask? Please e-mail bslquestions - at - gmail - dot - com

Associate
OP
Lol, sorry, but your frankness made me laugh

Well, frank people is something of a welcome change for me. Having been involved in fundraising efforts in the past few months, the amount of people who say they will commit to paying x amount/doing something and then pay/do nothing at all is pretty frustrating :rolleyes:

Anyway, thank you for your best wishes :)

Associate
OP
But the map doesn't give the exact locations of each venue, which is what i'm after.

Ah, I misunderstood you. The information I have at hand doesn't have the exact locations. I will contact them tomorrow and hopefully have all the info by tomorrow evening, provided that they reply quickly.

Back
Top Bottom