Shopping cart + custom products

Soldato
Hi,

I'm setting up a small web shop at the moment whose primary purpose is to sell custom products; a user goes on the site, customises a product with the use of drop down and text boxes (complete with dynamically updating preview of customised product) and then continues to buy the product.

I've had a look through a few shopping cart solutions but haven't been able to find exactly what I'm looking for yet, or even if what I'm looking for is realistically possible.

I basically need to be able to use the input boxes as both parameters to the preview and the shopping cart; most shopping carts seem to want to generate the forms themselves and I'm not sure if I can then modify them once they've been created so the inputs can also be used for the preview?

Hopefully I've explained myself as clearly as possible, does anyone have any suggestions as to where to take a look for a solution to this?

Thanks! :)

Associate
Sounds like a custom made solution to be honest. I have worked with quite a few shopping cart softwares but you will be hard pressed to find something off the peg that gives this much flexibility.

Associate
I imagine the majority of the big shopping cart systems support custom attributes, but as NathanT says, you're not likely to get something that provides an out of the box 'dynamic preview'.

Your best bet is to use an existing cart system, build your dynamic preview in a server-side language or JavaScript, then hook the fields generated by the shopping cart using a bit more JavaScript so that the preview is updated when the fields change.

Soldato
Hi,

I'm setting up a small web shop at the moment whose primary purpose is to sell custom products; a user goes on the site, customises a product with the use of drop down and text boxes (complete with dynamically updating preview of customised product) and then continues to buy the product.

I've had a look through a few shopping cart solutions but haven't been able to find exactly what I'm looking for yet, or even if what I'm looking for is realistically possible.

I basically need to be able to use the input boxes as both parameters to the preview and the shopping cart; most shopping carts seem to want to generate the forms themselves and I'm not sure if I can then modify them once they've been created so the inputs can also be used for the preview?

Hopefully I've explained myself as clearly as possible, does anyone have any suggestions as to where to take a look for a solution to this?

Thanks! :)

IF you mean something like http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=LT-002-OE&groupid=959&catid=1236&subcat= then I can't think of a pre-made solution that does this.

Back
Top Bottom