Shopping for a new Boiler

Soldato
As winter approches, I'm going into the market for a Condensing Combi Boiler, and finally get rid of my old standard boiler with hot & cold water tanks. I don't know anything on these & any help would be great. I would like to spend about £1000 on the Condensing Combi Boiler and hopefully around £500 on the fitting side.

TIA :)

Associate
mysticsniper said:
As winter approches, I'm going into the market for a Condensing Combi Boiler, and finally get rid of my old standard boiler with hot & cold water tanks. I don't know anything on these & any help would be great. I would like to spend about £1000 on the Condensing Combi Boiler and hopefully around £500 on the fitting side.

TIA :)

Think it will be a lot more than that !!! All the pipework will have to be redirected to the new boiler, which usually gets installed in the kitchen.

Soldato
I would fit it for around that if u lived near :)

Good boiler to get would be a Baxi 105he, which is ideal for any standard house. They do up to a 133he but thats mainly for huuuge houses.

Price wise... around 1100 would get you the boiler and pipe, radiators, and valves. Most places do a heatpack which is all i mentioned.

Soldato
rayer said:
Think it will be a lot more than that !!! All the pipework will have to be redirected to the new boiler, which usually gets installed in the kitchen.
It would be a lot more than that if you got someone like British Gas to install it. If you can find a reliable local CH plumber you'll get a better deal - but you might want to research the various plumbers first. :)

Soldato
We've just got a new one installed (courtesy of the council) called a 'Baxi platiunun combi HE', which seems to be doing pretty nicely. No need for a power showed as this can power it from the boiler. I think it costs between £800-£900.

Though I will say ours and most of the residents had to be installed in, what was, a larder, so you might lose some kitchen space.

Soldato
Also http://www.heatandplumb.com/acatalog/Baxi_Combi_Instant_105_HE_Heat_Pack_.html

they seem to offer a price guarantee too. I installed these boilers regularly at work, Other alternatives are the potterton promax which is also a great boiler. You can really go wrong with Baxi/Potterton. Worcester are a good brand but more pricey. Avoid cheaper brands and also Vokera cos they suck :)

1500 quid is a pretty low budget really. but good luck getting it all done for that :)

Permabanned
just had ours done. completly new boiler and whole set of new pipes (old house) inc fitting... £1800.

riellent boiler combi condensing, rather effecient apparantly. only took 2 days.

Associate
I've just had 3 quotes for getting the same job done, 2 came in at about £2500 and the third (British Gas) came in at about £3500.

1 recommended a Worcester (Bosch)
1 recommended an Alpha
1 recommended (British Gas) a glowworm.

Soldato
GWillow said:
I've just had 3 quotes for getting the same job done, 2 came in at about £2500 and the third (British Gas) came in at about £3500.

1 recommended a Worcester (Bosch)
1 recommended an Alpha
1 recommended (British Gas) a glowworm.

The guy recommending an alpha just wants to make profit. cos they are cheap as far as i know

Soldato
OP
Hedge said:
I just did a quick google and found

http://www.discountedheating.co.uk/shop/acatalog/Baxi_Condensing_Heating_Packs.html

so i wasnt too far off on price. Its at bottom of the page linked :).

edit : however i dont think that link includes pipe, Hope it gives u an idea of the kinda thing available though.

Cheers for the link. I spoke to my mate at work as well, his has just had a Baxi Platinum 33HE Condensing Combi Boiler installed, so I will deffo go for one from their range. the pack does look good. I do need some radiators as well

Thanks for all of your advice Hedge :)

Back
Top Bottom