Short Veyron vid..

Soldato
http://www.dpccars.com/car-movies/09-26-06page-Bugatti-Veyron-launch.htm

:eek:

kneel.gif

Soldato
Unfortunately the bird at work, who's dad owns a Nissan Skyline..

Reckons his skyline would beat the Veyron on take off..

Ive said no it won't, please confirm that I Am correct,

That car does take off though, and i can see why clarkson said " The worlds going Backwards " when he test drove it :D

Soldato
I've seen it before, it's supposed to be so that the car behind notices that you're braking quicker. Rather than just have brake lights that light up, why not make them flash and do silly things too :confused:

Looks a bit silly to me though.

Soldato
TaKeN said:

Even a 'Busa would struggle with it, it'd eat a Skyline as a light mid-morning snack

Associate
TaKeN said:

That car does take off though, and i can see why clarkson said " The worlds going Backwards " when he test drove it :D

Skyline vs Mclaren F1

I'd guess it wouldn't fair much better against a Veyron :D but it does pull ahead of the Mclaren F1 on take off.

Soldato
Usel said:
Skyline vs Mclaren F1

I'd guess it wouldn't fair much better against a Veyron :D but it does pull ahead of the Mclaren F1 on take off.

The Veyron obliterates even the F1...

Not sure what those weird lights are about - maybe something to do with the film not being that great at picking up the LED lights? The Ford GT did something similar on that Top Gear trip to Southern France too.

Soldato
TaKeN said:

Depends whether the skyline is heavily modified or not I suppose.

upwards of 700bhp in a stripped skyline would probably keep up with it I imagine but a stock skyline would be coughing veyron smoke.

Soldato
I think the lights are like that becuase they are LED powered and have a refresh rate, and the camera when recording is catching the LED's mid refresh making them blink?

Soldato
Acolyte said:
I think the lights are like that becuase they are LED powered and have a refresh rate, and the camera when recording is catching the LED's mid refresh making them blink?

Nice idea - but don't leds just stay on ? Especially given that the power in a car is normally 12v DC.

It also doesn't explain why the indicators seemed to come on ?

Anybody have any ideas....

Soldato
Acolyte said:

You are absolutely correct.

You could, of course, use one output per LED, but when you think that you've got, what, 100 LEDS per brake light, that mean's you're gonna need one effin' large microcontroller JUST TO LIGHT THE BRAKES LIGHTS.

Unfortunately you can't go designing cars thsi way so what happens is you switch which LED is being driven at any given time but do it very very fast, so it's actually scanning like a CRT monitor.

Clever huh?

Hav

Associate
wha?!

The LEDs flash the way that they do because the car has been put into "launch mode" for the fastest possible 0-whatever speed time. It's just a cool way of "warning" the people behind that they're about to eat dust. It doesn't really serve a purpose.

Soldato
jonarob said:
wha?!

The LEDs flash the way that they do because the car has been put into "launch mode" for the fastest possible 0-whatever speed time. It's just a cool way of "warning" the people behind that they're about to eat dust. It doesn't really serve a purpose.

I thought it was because the car had been put into "vertical takeoff mode", and was just a way of warning drivers behind that it was about to take off, fly around and shoot at stuff.... :confused:

Back
Top Bottom