Should I get this soundbar?

Associate
Associate
Though it's more laborious, most modern TVs can compress dynamic range on demand from the advanced audio menu. Is it as easy as one button on a soundbar? No. Much more convoluted, but it can be done. Just putting it out there. Sonos and Yamaha make the best soundbars, if you want something really premium, IIRC, AFAIK, and FWIH (from what I've heard). JM2C, YMMV. YOLO.

Soldato
Though it's more laborious, most modern TVs can compress dynamic range on demand from the advanced audio menu. Is it as easy as one button on a soundbar? No. Much more convoluted, but it can be done. Just putting it out there. Sonos and Yamaha make the best soundbars, if you want something really premium, IIRC, AFAIK, and FWIH (from what I've heard). JM2C, YMMV. YOLO.

Sonos' stuff doesn't sound great. It sounds good, but has a great eco system.

I own a Playbar + Sub, and often consider going to a 2.1 system.

Caporegime

Sonos soundbars are crap. £600 for a sub - no thanks. Also the £600 soundbar sounds like a £300 yamaha.

Buy yamaha and you get a atmos soundbar for the price of the sonos bar and sub.

Soldato
Sonos soundbars are crap. £600 for a sub - no thanks. Also the £600 soundbar sounds like a £300 yamaha.

Buy yamaha and you get a atmos soundbar for the price of the sonos bar and sub.

£600 for a subwoofer isn't an insanely high amount, that's when subs start to get seriously good. I can't seem to find much details on that Sonos sub, but for £600 you can buy 12" sealed/ported box subs 500W or so with premium real wood finish, such as BK XLS400/Monolith +

I presume that Sonos is probably 2 x 6" or 2 x 8" woofers by the size, and seems pretty expensive- you are paying for wireless (and Sonos is generally pretty expensive)

Back
Top Bottom