Should i go into work?

Soldato
I checked the rota on wednesday and it was nearly ready.. but was on the office computer.. and i wasnt in friday (tonight)

they just phoned and left a message saying where was i and i was supposed to start at 5.

obviously they just completed the rota yesterday.. but this is how they let people know they are working

bearing in mind i seen the nearly completed rota on wednesday night for this weekend and i wasnt in tonight.

it makes me mad how they can turn this around to being my fault if i dont go in.

p.s. the manager said a while ago that rotas would go up on sundays.. so it should have been up since last sunday.

Soldato
tell them that if you're not informed when you are working (if its not a regular thing) they can't expect you to turn up.

what are you phyic?

Soldato
Depends how much of an arse you want to be about it really.

The rota wasn't completed when you last saw it, and you weren't on there, so you could not go.

Or, you could go in and ask them to update the rota on time :)

Soldato
OP
lol.. if i phone them back or go in.. they will know ive got the message and therefore expect nothing less of me to be there (start slaving away in a hot greasy kitchen) asap...:p

Associate
If you have followed proper procedure and checked your rota at the right time then I would phone them up and say you have an evening planned.

Waitrose tried this on me a while back. I warned them 2 MONTHS in advance that I would be away on my Saturday shift and could I swap with someone.

The morning I'm due to head off to London to watch a friends gig, they phone me up and ask where I am, claiming I was on the rota. We got in an arguement and I hung up. Went in the next day and someone had re-done the rota that night and put my name on it. I could tell because it was a fresh peice of paper.

I stopped caring about my job after that.

Edit: Never give work your mobile number, ever.....

Wise Guy
Permabanned
lemonkettaz said:
Should i go into work?
I'd say it depends how much you value the job, and working relations.

It's usually only worth fighting the battles you have a chance to win, and however unfair it may seem, this sounds like one you almost certainly won't win. You can make an issue of it, and goodness knows I'd feel inclined to, but you may end up cutting off your nose to spite your face. Do you care if you do?

If so, go in. If not, stand on your principle. But I'm afraid it's your call.

Soldato
Well if it was me I'd go in but make a big issue about the fact the rota wasn't done on time and in future you expect to have decent notice of when you're meant to be in.

Back
Top Bottom