• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Should I go RTX 30xx or 40xx...advice needed please

Having said that, this is of course true too. And if I wasn't someone who likes to install 100s of mods, then a used 3080 cannot be argued with. What I have found from looking at used prices, is that for possible the first time ever on ebay and that high-street vendor of used parts, the Navi21 parts are holding their own in terms of used prices versus the RTX 3080 but not the RTX 3090. So some people do value 16GB vs 10/12GB.
Thats probably more so down to the 6800XT being a lot rarer than the 3080, like 29 vs 182 used available. less competition means higher prices.

Last edited:
Yeah for £350 it’s about 50% faster than anything new around that price.

The 3080 gets a bad rap nowadays, partly for the 10GB VRAM, partly because of the availability issues and scalper prices.

It's easy to forget that it was an amazing card when it arrived and if you could get one anywhere near the MSRP. It's only fairly recently that 4000 series pricing has started to force the used value of the 3080 10GB to drop. It wasn't long ago they were still fetching £500 but seem to have dipped sharply recently.

At £350 it's a steal for the performance and, as long as you're not gaming at 4K, the 10GB VRAM should last a while yet. HUB has a video from earlier this year where they demonstrate how the 8GB of the 3070 is starting to become a problem in some new games but I think 10GB will last another couple of years.

I was lucky enough to get my 3080 for just over £800 back in late 2020. I've only just upgraded to a 4090 but the 3080's VRAM was not one of the reasons I upgraded.

It's easy to forget that it was an amazing card
It’s still a very good card even by todays standards, if buying new then you’d need to spend at least £800 to see a meaningful performance uplift over one.

It out performs a 4070 in raster and RT while it matches the 7800XT in raster but comfortably beats it in RT.

It’s still a very good card even by todays standards, if buying new then you’d need to spend at least £800 to see a meaningful performance uplift over one.

It out performs a 4070 in raster and RT while it matches the 7800XT in raster but comfortably beats it in RT.
Which is why, given the massively inflated costs of anything faster I have no plans to replace mine any time soon.

Back
Top Bottom