should i replace my Creative inspire p580 with Razer Nommo?

Associate
having a small dilemma,

I have a very old sound system plugged into my pc - Creative inspire p580 it sounds great, but i dont use it to its full potential. all 5 speakers are on my desk.

I have the option to move over to some Razer Nommos, Do you think will i regret the decision to swap to these in regards to sound quality and bass?

Soldato
Wouldn't trust Razer in such things.
These gamer stuffs aren't even never reviewed properly.
And you can be sure that separate subwoofer beats the snot out of any such.

Anyway what's the use?
If gaming good headphones and HRTF is lot better for immersion than speakers sitting on desk in front of you.

Associate
OP
Wouldn't trust Razer in such things.
These gamer stuffs aren't even never reviewed properly.
And you can be sure that separate subwoofer beats the snot out of any such.

Anyway what's the use?
If gaming good headphones and HRTF is lot better for immersion than speakers sitting on desk in front of you.

the use is mainly music while working etc, and then the odd bit of gaming before i get told off and informed to put the headset on. theres nothing wrong with my p580's, theyve lasted me 15 years (Jesus!)

Soldato
Better to either keep the 5.1 as it is, or remove some of the speakers have the sound device output as 2.1. I'd do that over changing to the Nommo's.

Nommo's are style over substance. Far better speakers available that don't cost that much more, if you're looking to get new speakers. Edifier R1280T for example.

Associate
OP
Better to either keep the 5.1 as it is, or remove some of the speakers have the sound device output as 2.1. I'd do that over changing to the Nommo's.

Nommo's are style over substance. Far better speakers available that don't cost that much more, if you're looking to get new speakers. Edifier R1280T for example.

I bought them, knowing i can return them if i wasnt happy, they were DOA, which was a pain (blown/poppy speaker) needless to say, apart from the styling I was very disappointed with them.

Returned them and put the money towards a 49" monitor instead, now i dont have desk space for speakers anyway, so the 5.1s are on the wall, with the back two disconnected as suggested.

Back
Top Bottom