Should i run AI Suit III?

Soldato
The software seems quite good and makes overclocking simple but im not sure if it's a good idea to keep it running, i noticed it seems to be making connections to the internet in the background sometimes even though i disabled updates which should only of ran weekly anyway, is it a security issue?

Soldato
Done use software to overclock, stick the bios is what im always told. Someone will come along and post some helpful overclocking tips and videos im sure.

Soldato
If its anything like AI suite II I'd just get rid of it. Yes its nice and pretty but it lacks the ability to push an overclock as far as it will go in my opinion. I haven't found a single reason I would like it :( (aside from being pretty :D)

Soldato
I've found it massively improved since version 2. I don't know about internet connections - I shouldn't imagine Asus has any reason to do anything suspicious.

RHS

RHS

Associate
I would install Asus AI Suite III with a degree of caution. If you have a Logitech webcam, Asus AI Suite will stop/prevent it from working. There is a known issue with it plastered all over their forums with removal tools to fix the issue.

If you want a hassle free overclock for modest gains then Asus AI Suite is for you, but for best results you are better off making changes in the BIOS.

Plenty of help here if you need advice on overclocking your CPU to realise its maximum potential.

Soldato
I like AI Suite 3. If you don't want to spend a lot of time, or you want a good starting point, then AI Suite is fine. It also allows you to play with different settings before you put them into the UEFI. It does some pretty good things with fan control and shows you what your system is doing.

Bear in mind that when you run the 4-Way auto-tuning, it writes the settings back to the UEFI. After that, manual changes in AI Suite 3 don't stick between reboots - you have to put the changes into the UEFI manually.

Back
Top Bottom