• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Should I upgrade? (670gtx) or other components?

Associate
OP
Good choice, nice card.

Rest of your system looks good. Another 8gb of ram wouldn't hurt though.

I've considered it on and off but ram seems expensive and can't imagine there would be as much noticeable improvement as you see with gpus? So I just haven't bothered.
I'd need two more sticks of the same type yeah?

Are you the meat safe murderer, except you never done it?

Soldato
I've considered it on and off but ram seems expensive and can't imagine there would be as much noticeable improvement as you see with gpus? So I just haven't bothered.
I'd need two more sticks of the same type yeah?

Are you the meat safe murderer, except you never done it?

I only said i did so they'd take the rat out of my.... got to love monkey dust :p

8gb is still good to be honest. But i think there are a few games pushing that now. Spend your money on a gpu first and foremost though.

Associate
OP
I only said i did so they'd take the rat out of my.... got to love monkey dust :p

8gb is still good to be honest. But i think there are a few games pushing that now. Spend your money on a gpu first and foremost though.

Yeah I got the 1070 in now!

I've considered the RAM but like I said, wouldn't I need to get identical sticks to what i've already got?

Soldato
Yeah I got the 1070 in now!

I've considered the RAM but like I said, wouldn't I need to get identical sticks to what i've already got?

Hope you're enjoying the 1070 :)

Regarding the ram, i think as long as they are in matched pairs and you don't add a pair thats slower, they don't have to be the same brand. Although it may cause issues being able to run an xmp profile.

Associate
OP
Hope you're enjoying the 1070 :)

Regarding the ram, i think as long as they are in matched pairs and you don't add a pair thats slower, they don't have to be the same brand. Although it may cause issues being able to run an xmp profile.

The 1070gtx seems good, the FPS definitely improved however I've noticed a few frame drops, I don't know if it's the card. Did a clean install of drivers.

Happened quite a bit in GTAV, even though the FPS was a solid 60fps with vsync on (With it off it goes high 90s occasionally) so I don't think it's game settings.
I might have resolved it, going to do some gaming tonight :)

I don't think i'll need to upgrade ram for quite some time, these are what I have now, according to my order history!
G.Skill RipJawsX 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 PC3-12800C8 1600MHz Dual Channel Kit
So if you could point me in the right direction ;)

What's the feedback on the QuickSilver?

Tell me it's pants so I won't buy one.

Well it's better than a 670gtx, I really can't say much, except it's very sexy! How GPU's have changed... I didn't know you could change LED colours and animations on them these days! I need a new case :p!

Appeared to be a great price too :)
But yeah it's pants... Pants that I can't admire it.

Soldato
Gibbo's slapped an extra tenner on it, that's enough to put me off!

I don't need an upgrade really, my 780Ti is still great at 1080P, just had that itch when I saw the price.
I read a couple of reviews and saw some youtube links, looks a great card.

Back
Top Bottom