Show Off Your Desk Lamp

Soldato
Yes, I expect this thread to get as much enthusiasm as people showing off their cars or glass-sided PC builds with custom loops!

Actually I don't.

I have two 27" monitors on a desk mounted VESA dual monitor mount. Covid means a lot of Zoom, Google Meet or Teams meetings and I need appropriate lighting for such video calls and of course as a nice background light so I'm not on my PC in the dark.

Throw in some ideas, I need a lamp.

Soldato
OP
This one looks very retro and very cheap Forsa desk lamp. Comes in a variety of colours.

If you want something more modern, these LED lamps are quite popular. Apparently good for your eyes due to colour and brightness customisation.

I have one of the LED lamps on my Xmas list

Thank you. IKEA may be the way forward. Will need a couple I think.
Turn the ceiling light on..?
Tut tut, that's bad lighting for video chats unfortunately

Soldato
OP
I've made a start on part of the solution. With some spare timber and LED strips I have lying around, I'm making a 1m(ish) long light to be mounted on the wall behind the monitors. Then I can stick either some diffuser plastic over the top or fix another board over the front so I'm not looking directly at the light. Might post a pic or two once that's done. I still think I'll need a desk lamp or two for ambient lighting.

Back
Top Bottom