*** Show us your Dogs ***

Soldato
As many seem to have dogs on here lets seem them :)

Mine are Max(GSD)and Holly (Shar Pei)

All149.jpg

All143.jpg

KaHn

Resize please

Gilly

Resizing now sorry :)

Three times now, the pics are still huge

Gilly

The pics are fine on my computer, maybe yours are still loading from cache as I just resized them in photobucket.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Max still looks awesome.

My gf would kill for a Shar Pei (or a Chi :rolleyes: ) but I'm not a fan TBH. The knowledge that they've been bred to be like that and have the skin conditions/complaints due to it, etc.

It does depend on if you get a horsecoat or brushcoat or bear coat, generally you will be better off getting a traditional horsecoat (like holly) over the typical american brush coat which suffered from inbreeding etc.

KaHn

Soldato
OP

Haha yeah, he's never shown any inclanation to jump it though fortunately, he just does that when he wants to say hello to the nrighbours . When we do the garden up this summer we're getting a higher fence, just to be on the safe side :p

Don't be too worried about it, you normally have to teach your dog to jump fences by smaller ones first.

Max will jump up to a 3 foot wall and not be able to clear it yet, still gives the postman a fright tho :D

Holly on the other hand can clear it while standing still which is why we keep her on her lead in the front garden.

KaHn

Soldato
OP
my dog that i used to have many years ago could climb fenches like spider man :D

it was a alsation and used to jump up and hook its front legs on the fench and pull its self up like you or i would very funny to watch and the fence that it could get over was about ten feet tall.

also found it up a tree once aswell :D crazy dog!

Ex police dog or something? Most need proper training to do that but once taught they can do almost anything.

KaHn

Soldato
OP
As an aside those that know a lot about Akitas might be interested to know they are making a film about Haichiko.

Really? Although I think its a wonderful storey I don't see how it would be film material unless they hollywood it up a bit and not have the dying part?

KaHn

Soldato
OP
It appears that the yanks are doing what they do best. Taking stories from other countries and pretending they happen in america, but those who know the story will know what really happened.;)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1028532/

Googling hachiko film shows that it's centred around an Akita tough :)

Well I know the story of Hachiko from when we were looking for a second dog and I can see it working as a cartoon (disney or the likes) but not as a film.

KaHn

Soldato
OP
Soldato
OP
I would like to keep this thread away from what people feed their dogs etc as they are many conflicting opinions (mine being one of them) on what you should be feeding your dog.

KaHn

Back
Top Bottom