***Show us your Knives***

Soldato
I want to show off my knives and I enjoy looking at and talking about the knives others own.

So, what do you own? Do you prefer fixed blades? Folding blades?

I personally prefer folding blades, but a nice Gerber fixed blade would be very welcome.
I own a Benchmade Balisong I got given by my friend in Texas, a Kershaw Needs Work and a Gerber Powerframe.

Here are images of my knives, the Balisong is in the attic under a load of junk :( but I have on hand the Gerber and Kershaw.

Top is Kershaw, bottom Gerber.
(closed)
20130416202345.jpg

(open)
20130416202414.jpg

I do prefer using the Gerber as a general purpose knife due to blade as it curves as opposed to the Kershaw. On the other hand, the Kershaw stays sharper longer doing the same things and is a-lot heavier and sturdier.

I must stress that I would NEVER use my knives for wrong-doing and I despise people that do.

P.S. I have had e-mail confirmation of a mod that this thread is OK to be posted.

Soldato
OP
Off the top of my head, aren't balisongs illegal in the UK?

I've looked into this, they are illegal to carry, just like most knives over hear. They are also illegal to give, sell, buy, lend and trade. Mine was given to me as a gift, from Texas, in the post...so if it was that I wasn't allowed to own it and have it in the house, surely customs would have taken it off me since my package was opened and I had to pay about £15 customs charges as the receipt for the Jack Links Beef Jerky was in the box along with the jerky and knife...

Soldato
OP
Knives are very terrifying, it took all my courage to snap this pic.

20130416_145140_1.jpg

I really like that Benchmade!

What make is the knife on the right? The one with the Philips head.

Just a normal screwdriver, I was servicing my PS3 controls and the head was too big, so threw it on the table and used a smalled 1-piece driver.

Im curious why do you need these knives?

I think they are horrible things and unless you are bear grylls and need to cut branches to stir a mug of your own pee in the wilderness I cant see why any sane person would need one in their daily life.

/Salsa

I used to use them at work as I wore thick gloves and ripping open thick shrink-wrap with gloves is a pain, so used them, got seen by police and they mentioned that because the knife was being used sensibly and for work purposes, it was fine.

Now I use the Gerber for general things that need cutting around the house and my warhammer and sometimes steak...

Soldato
OP
OP take no notice of the self Righteous with their negative comments.. Generally assuming if you own or like a knife your eventually going to stick it in some one !

Knives are just tools, some good quality, some bad and some truly outstanding works of art.

Nothing wrong with the thread.

---------------------------

Like the Gerber one by the way. On looks at least. Not sure on which has the best steel though.

Thank you. I would sooner own a beautifully hand crafted Damascus folded steel knife than an expensive and sought after painting/photo or even a nice gun.

The blade on the Kershaw is much thicker than that of the Gerber...

I don't see what the problem is, What is wrong with liking, appreciating or owning a well made gun, knife, sword etc. (legally)

The only problem are the thugs that use them to kill or maim others. Which i'm sure there are none of in this thread.

Well said!

Soldato
OP
Why is this thread still here???
The O.P has clearly displayed an offensive weapon which is illegal to own in the U.K :confused:
He should be keeping quiet about breaking import laws and not boasting about having it on an internet forum :rolleyes:

So it's illegal to own a knife like mine in the UK? I fear you are wrong. It is illegal to carry it on the street without a legitimate reason.

Also, if I broke import laws, wouldn't customs in the airport have taken my knife and called me in about it instead of searching the package and charging me tax on the beef inside with the knife? :confused:

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
DSC_4841_zps9335da57.jpg

A few of mine. The Leatherman charges get used all the time, great little tools. I used to carry the Sog blink all the time at work to open boxes and sharpen pencils, but then I got the little keyring spydercos and use the mid sized one instead now.

Got any other shots of the knife second from the right? Looks good

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
May I ask where/how you came to own your Balisong as I want a Benchmade Model 42 but I legally can't get one, after reading up it, I don't even know how my current one got through customs...

Back
Top Bottom