'Shrouded' Motherboards?

Soldato
Shrouded probably isn't the right word. I'm looking for a Z790 motherboard that is styled similarly to the NZXT N7 board where there's nice trim hiding the components. Or, if this is bad for thermals and only good for aesthetics, then happy to forget about it.

Looking at the £350 tops mark, under £300 ideally. Liking the look of the Asus rog strix z790-H but wouldn't mind something more stealthy? I contemplating a phanteks NV7 build so you can imagine where I'm going with this ha.

Soldato
The N7 looks fantastic, but random thought; buy whichever board you like for features/price point and 3D print a shroud similar to the N7? I know the covers on the N7 are metal and seem to be magnetic, but I guess you could use the motherboard mounting screws or design with clips in mind to clip under the board :) would need to be PETG or better I'd expect

Man of Honour
Bit out of your price range but I got the Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Master and the shroud cooling on it works pretty well - in tests it comes up one of the better ones for power and thermals.

(One slight downside with the board is getting it stealthy though - there are a few LEDs which like to be on including when in powered down mode :( which are non trivial to turn off without complications though you can just mask them with a bit of tape).

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Thanks, all.

Rroff, I'm struggling the find the right word; stealthy and shrouded are definitely not what I'm trying to describe haha. I guess I just want to see as little PCB as possible. I like RGB and bling, as long as the bling isn't purely superficial I guess.

Soldato
OP
Not sure if you've seen but the NZXT N7 Z790 appears to be around £280-£290 at the minute via some places. that'd fit in your ideal price point :)
Yeah I was sooo close to buying that, but ended up going with the MSI Carbon WiFi for a smidge more.

Back
Top Bottom