Shuttle SN45G - Adding a second hard drive. Anyone done it?

Soldato
Has anyone run one of these (or similar) with two hard drive?

OK, I'm not looking forward to the extra noise, but are temperatures a concern (for the drives)? They will be right on top of each other in a small space.

Note: This device is used mainly as just a server, and this second drive will be used solely for media to be dished out to media player(s) over the network...

Associate
I've been running mine with two 250gb hard drives and a dvd writer since it was first purchased with no problems.

I can't give you specific temps unfortunately but I've never had any problems.

Soldato
OP
[RB];14946258 said:
I've been running mine with two 250gb hard drives and a dvd writer since it was first purchased with no problems.

I can't give you specific temps unfortunately but I've never had any problems.

OK... Ta...

On a side note I've got a WD 500GB Blue in there at the moment, and I must admit being a little annoyed at how much noisier it is than the previous 250gb Samsung that was in there... The read clicks are terrible :(

Soldato
OP
[RB];14947910 said:
I think I have 1 Samsung and 1 WD 250GB drive. It's modded with a 120mm exhaust and it's pretty quiet (bar the graphics card :p)

It's certainly served me well!

What's your system temp out of interest? Mine seems to live at about 55-56... And then under load go up to around 60.

That's with the original size fan, but replaced with a Nexus Silent one, running at the slowest bios controlled speed possible...

Associate
That sounds pretty similar to mine but I'll double check when I'm home.

3200+ xp, 2GB Ram, 2 x 250gb HDD, 7800GS AGP, Pioneer DVD writer.

However, mine does have a large Arctic Cooler shape cut out of the side panel from when I had a 9800 pro in there :p

Ev0

Ev0

Soldato
I've got a 250gig and a 500gig in a G2 shuttle case and it's fine.

Always ran with 2 drives in mine since buying it about 6 years ago, although have upgraded the drives a couple of times.

Back
Top Bottom