Sigh... Documentation!

Soldato
Finding myself in a position where I need to document a system designed before my time... so lots of fancy pictures, user case diagrams, flow charts, system boundaries etc to draw.

So what packages do you guys use to create the documentation / diagrams and what solutions do you use to host them (wiki / sharepoint / just word documents etc)?

Thanks.

Soldato
Does your employer not mandate/supply any standard tools and storage locations already ?

If you're setting the standard, then I recommend you stick with something bog standard and simple so anyone can edit the documentation after you're gone (whether you're on a different project or left the company).

In many cases that boils down to MS word files on a shared (and backed up) drive :)

You can get clever with other tools and document management systems - but it really depends on your employer's existing infrastructure and/or willingness to spend money. Someone has to manage all this - so start simple and work up ....

Soldato
OP
We've got office inc Visio, but was looking at various examples on the web and they're all pretty snazzy / not Visio office... So wondering what people out there are using.

Back
Top Bottom