Silenx, maybe not so bad?

Soldato
Tried a 90CFM 18dba model, and while i highly doubt its actually 90CFM in reality, maybe more in the low 80s or high 70s, its very quiet, as quiet as the TTBT stock fan it replaced and cools about to 10-12C less,when not on the sink, theres a whine but when actually placed on the sink it disappears. So maybe they're not such a rip off :)

Last edited:
Associate
They did ok in SPCR's last 120mm fan roundup so I guess they are trying to clean their act up. Although they still insist on stupidly low dB figures.

Permabanned
They aint bad, just like most manu's of fans they lie about specs and more so.

They run ok and Ive used in past, they do look bit better shape than the normal dinosaur fans with massive flat nosed hub we see every day that try to claim to be better than each other.
Silent aint issue if your a overclocker, you end up with loudish fans but use a controler to tone them done when not needed.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
helmutcheese said:
Silent aint issue if your a overclocker, you end up with loudish fans but use a controler to tone them done when not needed.

I've always had silent but fairly well to massively overclocked rigs, i focus a lot on ventilation along with whatever cooler is the best at the time. I find multiple well placed but slow fans are much better than a single cfm/db monster, my cases have no resale value due to this as i hack em up pretty good :D

Back
Top Bottom