SilverStone SST-GD09

Associate
Good Evening,

I'm currently looking at salvaging some parts from my current PC into a SilverStone SST-GD09 instead of my current Corsair 750D case as it's just too big and ugly next to my TV as that's what I've started to use it on. Would anyone be able to confirm if the following would fit in it?

Mainboard - ASUS Maximus Ranger VII
CPU - Intel Core i7 4790k (4.0Ghz)
GFX Card - ATI Radeon 5850 (I am currently looking to upgrade this as well)
RAM - just standard DDR3 8GB (2x4GB) - I don't think Id need anymore.
CPU Cooler is another problem with it being the massive CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Evo.
I'd also want a new PSU that's not as power hungry.

Can anyone confirm if this stuff will be fine and if not do you have any suggestions.

Associate
Good Evening,
I'm currently looking at salvaging some parts from my current PC into a SilverStone SST-GD09 instead of my current Corsair 750D case as it's just too big and ugly next to my TV as that's what I've started to use it on. Would anyone be able to confirm if the following would fit in it?
Mainboard - ASUS Maximus Ranger VII
CPU - Intel Core i7 4790k (4.0Ghz)
GFX Card - ATI Radeon 5850 (I am currently looking to upgrade this as well)
RAM - just standard DDR3 8GB (2x4GB) - I don't think Id need anymore.
CPU Cooler is another problem with it being the massive CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Evo.
I'd also want a new PSU that's not as power hungry.
Can anyone confirm if this stuff will be fine and if not do you have any suggestions.
Your GPU appears to fit as does the motherboard. The RAM shouldn't be a problem however the Hyper 212 EVO is definitely not going to fit in that case as it is 20mm over the maximum cooler height.

As for the PSU I wouldn't really class any PSU as particularly power hungry (Thats more on the component side of things) but if you want an efficient PSU then it depends on your components so as long as you don't start going with SLI/Crossfire you should be able to use a 550W PSU so I'd just pick one thats 80Plus Gold or better that fits in your case :)

Back
Top Bottom