SimCity BuildIt

Permabanned
(NB this is played on a tablet, so not sure if this is the correct place for it, so apologies to mods if its in the wrong section)

Anyone here play this, if so was wondering how you guys find the club wars.

I've played this for a while on and off, more on since they brought out the clubs bit.

While I'm not a massive fan of the club wars, and find the way you get your points in a war strange to say the least.

We as a club have now taken part in 3 wars (only been 3 wars since club wars started) and all 3 have been a total walk over, I thought the one that just ended, would be a challenge as we were very similar in ranking, us 1560, them 1555. For 90% of the match all their cities were domed (that's means taken the max damage they can with out repairing)

Surly they can pair teams better than this, another gripe is the war start time at 2 am GMT, biggest issue with that is we could lose a war while we still asleep, even if we the strongest team and come on and do 10x their damage, if they hit the required points which is 18 to win (or very close to that) they have won, now to get 18, does not take a lot off attacks or even a good team, lol given 6 hours I could get damn close solo to 18 points.

From what would seem to be a pretty big players base, they can sort out wars with matching time zones, so wars start at a decent time for both teams.

Also think a new war just under every 2 days is a bit much TBH, as you can not as a club not take part in them, there is no opt out option I would say its a bad idea, but for EA, it makes them money, and we all know EA when it comes to money ... (pls don't turn this into a anti EA flame)

Loads more I could say but will wait and see what response this gets.

Our Club is called Weekly Warriors (was called this long before they brought out club wars)

Permabanned
OP
Yeah did think I had it in the wrong place, I had a quick look but still missed this forum ...lazy :(

Added:
Well few more days, in the next war now, and again a total walk over our score 35430, theirs 3800, not sure how the Dev's work out the ranking points, as they taken some back off us our ranking is now 1617, but a hour into this war we were 1621.

If anyone here plays this game and has a better understanding of how the ranking work ...

Last edited:
Soldato
I wanted to play it, a simplified Sim City for tablet would make my day.
The freemium nonsense though... Sigh. Just sell me a damn game, I'll pay for it.
I'm not paying money for nonsense credits, and the wait times were annoying me before I'd even got a very small town, let alone a city.

I did read the update notes to see they'd put a war mode in and couldn't believe what I was reading... It's Sim City FFS.
It's difficult not to turn things anti-EA when they do it themselves.

FWIW I thought the graphics were great, I would have just appreciated a tiny smidgen of "game" before they tried to get me into the microtransaction model.

Permabanned
OP
The game is perfectly playable not ever spending real money, in all the time I played it, I have spent £2.99.

I'm quite liking the war mode tbh, (did not initially) we 5 or 6 for 0 now, only come up against one team that pushed us 'Team Germany' we won score of 120k v 86k, It adds a social to the game that was not really there before. To get 85k score means you working as a team, so our 120+ shows we definitely play as a team.

Not sure why you were up against micro transactions at the start, but as I said you don't have to spend I never have buesdies the 2.99 and I have a high level wealthy city.

We just started a new war this evening, but think it's gonna be another roll over.

Changed our team name to The Immortals, cause we are :D

Permabanned
OP
I'd really rather just play a game, and I feel this one would be perfect for me if they put out a paid release and binned all the freemium stuff.
I'm really not sure where you coming from as the micro transactions, only speed the game up, and in no way effects your city, or what you can or can't do, o sure their are plenty of cosmetic things you could buy, but everything can be bought by making the currency in game, yes again this would take longer.

I have a pretty big city, wanting for nothing really, and I do not, and will not put money in EA pocket.

Associate
I tried playing it, really tried hard to enjoy it.
It just felt like going backwards from playing simcity 4, which can run on anything these days.

Back
Top Bottom