Simple silly VR question

Associate
Hi

I don’t have VR yet but intending to buy a Valve Index and will be running from an RTX 3090.

So I see some videos of people playing in VR whilst also outputting to a monitor so other people can see what they are seeing. I’m intending to use mine in a family setting so it would be good to be able to do this, outputting simultaneously to a 4K TV.

Is this simple to do? Does the main VR unit take an FPS / quality hit in doing so? Can it be configured so that the monitor / TV display is of a lower quality when using VR?

Thanks and sorry for the no doubt basic question.

Associate
Hi

I don’t have VR yet but intending to buy a Valve Index and will be running from an RTX 3090.

So I see some videos of people playing in VR whilst also outputting to a monitor so other people can see what they are seeing. I’m intending to use mine in a family setting so it would be good to be able to do this, outputting simultaneously to a 4K TV.

Is this simple to do? Does the main VR unit take an FPS / quality hit in doing so? Can it be configured so that the monitor / TV display is of a lower quality when using VR?

Thanks and sorry for the no doubt basic question.

You can cast to your TV if you have a Chromecast device or an Amazon Firestick with the Airplay app installed

Back
Top Bottom