Poll: Singapore Grand Prix 2019, Singapore - Race 15/21

Rate the 2019 Singapore Grand Prix out of ten

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Permabanned
Unless he decides he'd like to try the red team out before he retires!?!

Maybe 2021 onwards is Ferrari's turn?

No. Hamilton won't be a good fit for Ferrari. Unless they want another "Vettel" contribution to the team.

I still think that Fernando Alonso has given the most for Ferrari, overperforming all the time a snail-slow car through the years.

Soldato
Anyone else reckon Mercedes have switched focus to 2020 and beyond already? Mercedes haven't been hugely behind Ferrari for the last few races, Toto doesn't seem hugely bothered and 2019 is pretty much wrapped up. I read this yesterday and whilst it could be wishful thinking by some, Mercedes have been masters of the sport for the last 6 years.

Wouldn't be surprised if they have key personel 100% engaged with 2021, which could have a knock on effect for the current programme.

I'd agree they know this year is all but wrapped up, and 2020 is more of the same. Ferrari pushing on might change things, but it would take time to shift resources if they are indeed looking to the next big reg change.

I wouldn't be surprised either as any gains they'll be going for in the 2019/2020 car will be very small due to the whole diminishing returns thing with them being on top for years. They'll obviously want to hit 2021 running like they did 2014 and show Hamilton that they have the car for him to match Schumacher's record. (Assuming he wins again in 2020 of course... Obviously not a given. Unless he decides he'd like to try the red team out before he retires!?! But that's another conversation. :) )
I wouldn't be surprised if Merc are actually concentrating on 2021, with a small fixed budget for next year and a huge budget to use next year on the 2021 car before the budget cap comes in.

Soldato
No. Hamilton won't be a good fit for Ferrari. Unless they want another "Vettel" contribution to the team.

I still think that Fernando Alonso has given the most for Ferrari, overperforming all the time a snail-slow car through the years.

They'd take him in a heartbeat i reckon. You can't be too harsh on Vettel, the contract he signed was created by him an Ferrari. If that had number 1 status in it then that's Ferrari's problem.

He was paid for it quite well though so i won't feel too bad for him. Haha! But you're right, he did do the best job that could've been done with that car i think.

Permabanned
On reflection, I don't think Vettel got enough credit for his awesome out lap and 'finger time' (the Vettel equivalent of Hammer time) after his pit stop that made the win possible.

Back
Top Bottom