Poll: Singapore Grand Prix 2022, Marina Bay Street Circuit - Race 17

Rate the Singapore race out of ten

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Brilliant race from Perez who controlled it throughout the difficult safety car periods, it will be a shame if he gets a ten second penalty. There were mistakes all round from the top drivers. Easily a 9...

Caporegime
Brilliant race from Perez who controlled it throughout the difficult safety car periods, it will be a shame if he gets a ten second penalty. There were mistakes all round from the top drivers.

Well done to Pérez, well driven indeed. But both infringements seem shame dunk to me. Poor show from the stewards not to make a ruling until after the race.

Last edited:
Soldato
Well done to Pérez, well driven indeed. But both infringements seem shame dunk to me. Poor show from the stewards not to make a ruling until after the race.
What were his infringements? Sorry I was only half watching in between lugging a mattress up into our loft and getting a stew in for tonight! (Safety car infringement doesn’t really describe it?)

Soldato
Is there a precedent for a 10 second penalty for being more than 10 car lengths for the safety car though, if he indeed was? I can't see him recieving any penalty for waving his hand at the safety car. Maybe just a warning perhaps...

Last edited:
Caporegime
Is there a precedent for a 10 second penalty for being more than 10 car lengths for the safety car though, if he indeed was? I can't see him recieving any penalty for waving his hand at the safety car. Maybe just a warning perhaps...

Where penalised, it's 5s, but he did it twice. There doesn't seem to be anything about the hand waving incident.

Caporegime
If that rule was so tightly applied, I bet you could go back over previous races and find loads of minor infringements like this. To get two penalties would be so unfair.

It's common for the lead driver to slip back a length or two and quickly recover that distance, Pérez fell way further back than that and didn't appear to make any real effort not to, or to recover it when he failed. It's not really the same thing.

Soldato
It's common for the lead driver to slip back a length or two and quickly recover that distance, Pérez fell way further back than that and didn't appear to make any real effort not to, or to recover it when he failed. It's not really the same thing.
Maybe the first one. The second he was up with the safety car before the safety car ended, so doesn't effect the restart.

Man of Honour
Perez wins.

Reprimand, 5 second penalty and 2 penalty points. Convenient. Took them over 2 hours to come up with a decision that doesn't affect the result.

xw2MENV.png

YVKBih4.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom