Siri Shortcuts

Associate
Hey all now Ios 12 is officially out & we have got the shortcuts app (at last), was wondering what type of things you are all coming up with.

Created a shortcut last night to send my location & travel time via imessage to my other half (or anyone else in my contacts), then start playing one of my playlists via carplay just by saying the magic words "travel time".

Pretty easy to setup :)

Cheers all

Soldato
I use the "Things" to-do app, and I can set up lists (like a master holiday packing list) by saying "time for my jollys" or I can say "new bassline to learn" and it'll open a window with the to-do ready to have the title typed in, but with all the associated tags and areas already pre-populated. I'll have a look at those first and then look at more of the complex ones I can set up with the new Shortcuts app.

Commissario
Actually that’s pretty straightforward. I’ve got it sending my current address and travel time to home. Sending a map location would be nice though. Will have to play.

Commissario
Oh that’s funny. Their example is almost identical to what I made, even down to the wording in the message. I skipped the ‘text’ box though and went straight to ‘send message’.

I’ve added a map link as well now.

Soldato
I’ve set one up to reboot my RaspberryPi Homebridge server via SSH when I’m on my own network. Saves a lot of time not having to use Terminal on my Mac to do it.

Back
Top Bottom