"Six Days in Fallujah" due for release later this year

Associate
'Six Days in Fallujah' Video Game Aims to Recount One of Iraq War's Bloodiest Battles. is the strapline used to describe this particular game.

i've only just become aware of it, but Military dot com (US armed forces site) have a more detailed analysis, including interviews with those members of the USMC who were interviewed for the game

https://www.military.com/daily-news...wars-bloodiest-battles.html?ESRC=eb_210421.nl

Last edited:
Soldato
Could be interesting. If nothing else, anything that causes good old moral panic among virtue crusaders is a good thing in my book.

Soldato
I remember seeing this way back in 2009. Was a real shame it got cancelled as it looked amazing, and the whole point was to portray the horrors of war rather than glamorise it (ala the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare games at that time). I'm not sure that's as novel a concept now as it was back then, but hopefully it's good.

Last edited:
Associate
This is available in Early Access from June 22nd, full release due "some time in 2024".

Six Days in Fallujah will feature four multiplayer co-op missions, set in procedurally generated maps which alter each time they are played. The FPS also features “tactical indoor and outdoor sandbox” gameplay.

Soldato
Just tried the tutorial (albeit briefly) and the sound design in this game is FANTASTIC! Its how I wished indoor sounds would be in EVERY game. I love playing PUBG, but if it had the indoor sound design that this game had, it would take it up another level.

Will try the main game later today - sound volume levels take a bit of tweaking as it is VERY loud to start with. Had to knock the master down to 20%!

Man of Honour
Just tried the tutorial (albeit briefly) and the sound design in this game is FANTASTIC! Its how I wished indoor sounds would be in EVERY game. I love playing PUBG, but if it had the indoor sound design that this game had, it would take it up another level.

Will try the main game later today - sound volume levels take a bit of tweaking as it is VERY loud to start with. Had to knock the master down to 20%!
Must say, sound design just so often gets overlooked in games (is there even a yearly game award category for SFX?) , another game recently which highlighted sound to me was Outlast Trials, the way in which the voice chat works in game , by sounding normal if the player talking is in the same room as you but automatically changes to a radio sound effect and static if they are in a different room to you when they speak.

Its good to see more and more devs taking the time to enhance the audio experience in games and not just the visual experience.

Man of Honour
£33 for a game in EA? Jesus Christ.

I'll keep an eye on it though.
Look on the plus side, if it fully releases into v1.0 and retails for 39.99 or the more common 49.99, then you saved yourself between £7 and £17 :D

(course the flip side of that is that if it never releases and ends up getting scrapped then you've cost yourself £33)

Soldato
Must say, sound design just so often gets overlooked in games (is there even a yearly game award category for SFX?)
One of the things that is so outstanding about Hunt: Showdown is the sound design - puts virtually every other FPS to shame.

I really like the look of this game but it's a bit on the steep side for me atm - will watch closely however.

Soldato
Tempted to buy this to support the devs and have a see of whats there already. It could turn into an incredible multiplayer experience

Soldato
Anyone else bought this recently? How is the multiplayer, are there enough people playing?
Ever time I look at a new video im tempted to buy it

Back
Top Bottom