Sixt lucky dip

Associate
Now that I live abroad I rent in the UK whenever I go to visit family. I've used Europcar a couple of times and both times I haven't received the car that I've ordered. My Abarth 595 turned into a Volvo V60 and my Hyundai I30 turned into a VW Polo with a ~60bhp engine (yay).

Seeing as I never get what I want I looked at "Sixt lucky dip". This is where you supposedly have a chance of getting any car from the base models all the way to the top end stuff. I can find a decent amount of stuff online about people hiring in Europe but I was wondering if any of you guys have experience with this service in the UK? If so, what sort of cars did you get? I'd be disappointed if I went and got something similar to the Polo again, so I was just wondering if it's worth the risk.

Associate
OP
Alright thanks for the advice guys, I'll just book an ordinary car next time (and have a look at Hertz). Now you mention it I've never noticed anything particularly special in the airport rental car park so I suppose they probably don't have anything that outrageous to give anyway

Back
Top Bottom