Skate 3 - Worth it?

Permabanned
I've never been much of a skater in real life, but I've always loved the Tony Hawks series ever since the PS1.

I've never played any of the other Skates, but recently got the demo for Skate 3 and it felt pretty good. However, I'm wondering if it's worth paying the current RRP which is £40.

How long is the single player campaign, and is their any online game modes?

Cheers

Associate
Singleplayer is short and there is online game modes, quite a lot to be fair, I played it till about 1/2 way through then sold it on, it's the first skateboarding game i played since tony hawks, but i just couldn't see myself playing it later on down the line so got rid before it lost value.

Permabanned
OP
Singleplayer is short and there is online game modes, quite a lot to be fair, I played it till about 1/2 way through then sold it on, it's the first skateboarding game i played since tony hawks, but i just couldn't see myself playing it later on down the line so got rid before it lost value.

Hmm, I feel this way about Read Dead Redemption aswell. I have completed it, done most side missions but I'm not a person to achivement hunt.

I was going to trade RDR in for Skate 3.

Caporegime
Should already be able to find it for less than that (£32 for 360 somewhere I've seen)

I like it, more of the same but the same was damn good in the first place :)

Associate
I personally believe that Skate 3 is an excellent game. From personal experience i find that if you have played the previous games in the series (mainly skate 2) you will find this game easier/enjoy it more. Online play is flawless when i am playing. The thing that really makes me glad i bought this is that the career missions can be played online with friends and this makes the game very more enjoyable for me as i found Skate 2 very boring playing on my own. Also when i bought this it came with a DLC token for a filming pack (Don't know which one there are 2) which is only available if you bought early (not pre-order). Overall the gameplay is very smooth and is not glitchy. The only problem i have encountered is that I cannot place the data off of the PS3 at my mum's house onto a USB stick and transport to my dad's house. Apart from that I recommend it an essential game, career is medium -long and once completed you can still Kill challenges as oppossed to owning them. Definitely worth the money.

Associate
Had no idea this was out already!

The 1st Tony Hawk game that came out was brilliant, then it went all arcady as they releases came out. When I bought my PS3 it was the same time skate 2 came out which I bought, this series to me seemed very down to earth and very realistic as far as games go. The demo of skate 3 hasn't imprest me much but knowing its out and runs smoother I'll buy it in the hope that the finished game is better. They thing that turns me off is the trailer, it looks like its gone down the Tony Hawks root all arcady.

It terms of how long/good the single player is, what i like about skate 2 is you can just skate round everywhere for hours and hours freestyling, bit like you can with GTA.

Caporegime
I don't get posts like that. The Hall of Meat is entirely separate, if you don't like it just don't do it. I like it personally, something a bit different and some pretty fun challenges.

Associate
I'm just going off the demo where I was skating around and I think it was a challenge or whatever, next thing I'm on top of a building and jumping off. If its seperate, than great. I'd rather they put something else in the game than wasting time and money on that sort of stuff though.

Soldato
just keep the game real.

its not real life its a game...

dont agree with tony hawks 'going arcadey' either. maybe some of the levels did but theres only so much you can do with a skatepark. it keeps it fun which is the main aim. and judging by sales your in the minority rather than majority.

on another note i dont feel that it runs very well. get lots of framerate lag at certain times and thats something i dont even normally notice on consoles. im on xbox

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom