Skater XL

Associate
hey everybody
Skater XL is out on early access today, 19th december 2018 at £15.49
https://store.steampowered.com/app/962730/Skater_XL/
i don't know if there are many skateboarding fans or ex-skaters on here but i am/was (hence the name)
one thing we never had was a decent skateboarding game on the PC...i played skate 1,2 and 3 to death on console and this looks and feels like it could become that style of game.
obviously being early access there is not much content at this stage, just a small area to do flat ground and grind but mechanically it is good!
i can see a lot of people refunding because of the bare bones state of it but hopefully the content will pick up.

Associate
I backed Session, so I'll probably just wait and see how that one turns out (was rpetty fun from the small demo they sent out a whole back). Always good to see similar games get made though, makes a bit of compeition to make a good game.

Soldato
I haven't skateboarded in a few years properly (broke my ankle in a skating related accident and never got fully into it again) but would love a skating game

OT - I don't know what it is with new boards these days but everyone seems to be riding something 8"+ Even as a guy with size 10 feet I always preferred a 7.5" board. Even 7.75" felt too wide.

Soldato
I haven't skateboarded in a few years properly (broke my ankle in a skating related accident and never got fully into it again) but would love a skating game

OT - I don't know what it is with new boards these days but everyone seems to be riding something 8"+ Even as a guy with size 10 feet I always preferred a 7.5" board. Even 7.75" felt too wide.

I always skated 8.5s.. And I hae size 9 feet :D

But I mostly skated vert/halfpipe.

Soldato
Just having a session now, feels very "fluid", like Skate 3. Left stick is left foot, right stick is right foot. You can catch a pop shovit etc in any rotation with your feet, it's awesome.

Also since it's Unity, It can be modded fairly easily, Lineryder has already done a small ramp and pieces.

Back
Top Bottom