Sky broadband - Any good?

Associate
Arf, I don't bother with their email. As for my rebooting issues, I think it might have something to do with moving the router. It's started to get quite warm in its new location, might have to clear some extra space around it. We'll see. Hopefully I can restore the router to its glory days of providing 11mb internet, rather than the lowly 8mb it's now settled on due to, what I assume, is the heat causing it to reboot after the move.

ljt

ljt

Soldato
AdWright said:
How long did you guys have to wait after registering your interest for the service? I submitted my interest 3 weeks ago now and still have not received by 'unique reference number' that will allow me to order. :(

I never received one so i phoned them up and asked to speak to a manager as I had registered on the 6th september and it was now mid october with nothing from them. The bloke said I'll order it today for you! still had to wait nearly another 2 weeks for the activation. (which was today) getting around 6.6Mpbs. 1.35Km from exchange

Line stats are as follows;

Downstream Upstream
Connection Speed 8190 kbps 397 kbps
Line Attenuation 26.0 db 15.1 db
Noise Margin 13.1 db 24.0 db

The noise margin has been up to 16dB at some points it depends on whether the connection is getting a hammering.

Associate
Is this fully available to all now, or certain areas? I don't think I can get it yet, and i'm wondering weather to hold out for this or get another ISP for time being (just moved home)

Very strange - my Boss behind me who lives 5 minutes from me received a mail from sky with his Quote Reference from Sky BB saying "Now available in your area, please call..." ..and I havn't.

Does it go on some sorta queing system? because I know he registered his interest before me.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom