My sky dish was taken down for some work in the garden and later put back up
it was fine until it was taken down.

This is what i get on the signal test
signal strength- none
signal quality-none
Lock indicator-not locked
network Id-000000
transport system-000000

I dont know what is the cause is, but if anyone could be helpful it would be much appreciated.

Associate
not aligned on the sat. Local aerial guy will charge £20-60 tbh to realign it.

What idiot removed it without knowing how to realign it?

You want 000002 for the network ID (astra 2 at 28.2e) and 07d4 for the transport stream (off the top of my head, may be wrong). Also remember- quality is more important than strength.

Associate
it'll help. A bit. But to align it accurately is a bit harder (back in the days of analogue you could just wave the dish round in the rough direction till you got a signal).

Last time I knocked my dish off (changing LNB) I decided I couldn't be arsed being on a ladder for ages realigning it so got a guy out for £20 cash.

Soldato
NaNd0! said:
try giving sky a ring

blame it on the bad windy stormy weather of late

I was happily browsing the TV earlier, (Got a hardware error: Your TV is lonely :p) was nice watching the rather heavy rain and Futurama. The rain slows down, BOOM, down goes the signal. :mad:

Soldato
Ahh so I'm not the only one that loses Sky when it rains, we've had the dish aligned twice now and it still does it. :rolleyes:

It's going to suck when they turn the analogue signal off, no telly when it rains in this country means....no telly! :o

Associate
MonkeyMan said:
Ahh so I'm not the only one that loses Sky when it rains, we've had the dish aligned twice now and it still does it. :rolleyes:

It's going to suck when they turn the analogue signal off, no telly when it rains in this country means....no telly! :o

tru.. and you know that the weather is going to get even worse :(

Soldato
My parents had some building work done a little while ago and they knocked the dish.
Sky sent an engineer out for a £50 charge (which they sent the bill for to the building firm) and everything was sorted out.

You can look at other dishes to get a rough idea of direction it should point but you need to be a lot more accurate than "That Way".

Back
Top Bottom