SKY Go coming to Android next month! at last!

Soldato
Doesn't work for me :(

Log in on the Sky website and add an additional user. Obviously make a note of the username and password, and then sign out.

Log in with the additional users details that you created and there is a link in there where you have to verify the account by adding the last 6 digits of the payment card held on the account of the main user. Once you have verified the account you will receive a confirmation email on the main users email address.

I tried the above and can confirm it does work on more then 2 devices, or did you already do the above? Reason I ask is because I too made an additional account then tried to watch Sky Go with these account details, without verifying it first and it didn't work.

Caporegime
Log in on the Sky website and add an additional user. Obviously make a note of the username and password, and then sign out.

Log in with the additional users details that you created and there is a link in there where you have to verify the account by adding the last 6 digits of the payment card held on the account of the main user. Once you have verified the account you will receive a confirmation email on the main users email address.

I tried the above and can confirm it does work on more then 2 devices, or did you already do the above? Reason I ask is because I too made an additional account then tried to watch Sky Go with these account details, without verifying it first and it didn't work.

A secondary user's account will always link through to the primary users account. You can use the secondary or primary account, whichever you wish TBH, but it's still a MAXIMUM of two devices and one change per month.

Works fine on my SGS2 here. Not rooted or anything though. Quality is a bit poor to begin with but soon clears up.

Soldato
Sky are useless and they can go to hell. Advert tv say Sky Go, Believe it better, rubbish bunch of lies! Should be tv advert - Sky Go, Believe it nightmare

Last edited:
Soldato
Considering your phone didn't come rooted from the factory i.e. the user has manipulated the phone to something other than the manufacturer designed, I fail to see why you can get so upset as it was something YOU have done, not Sky

Soldato

Is your skygo account free with your sky subscription or are you paying for it separately? Mine comes with our sky sub and there's no option to verify that I can see, it just logs in. I'm thinking that if you have it free as part of your sky sub then this additional user thing doesnt work :(

Soldato
Because Sky had blocked all rooted phone! My phone is rooted and skygo won't work.

Can you not understand why it's been blocked though? Sky justifiably don't want people outputting via their phones through HDMI, a restriction which could be got around on a rooted phone.

Yes, it's peeing me off as well as I'm rooted and can't get it working, but I have no complaint with Sky for that.

Soldato
A secondary user's account will always link through to the primary users account. You can use the secondary or primary account, whichever you wish TBH, but it's still a MAXIMUM of two devices and one change per month.

Wrong. It is not a maximum of two devices, I currently have it working on four devices. Two from the main account holder and two from an additional account I added.

Is your skygo account free with your sky subscription or are you paying for it separately? Mine comes with our sky sub and there's no option to verify that I can see, it just logs in. I'm thinking that if you have it free as part of your sky sub then this additional user thing doesnt work :(

It is a free Sky Go account linked to my Sky Subscription. When you log in as the secondary user, go through the options in there for Sky Go and there was an option in there for me, on the right hand side of the screen saying you need to validate the account. I then had to put in the last 6 card digits of my card. THEN I tried logging in to Sky Go on my sisters iPhone (3rd device) using these secondary account details and it worked, Sky movies, Sports, the lot.

EDIT: For those who have a rooted device and Sky Go doesn't work, have you tried OTA RootKeeper? Mine is also rooted and it works fine. :)

Soldato
I finally get it worked, download from the market called VOODOO OTA RootKeeper and now got all channels on sky working now! I am using HTC Desire S on CM7 rooted.

sorry for poor camera

Soldato

I've found it.

Log in to the additional users account you added. At the top click on 'Manage My Account'.

Then you should see on the right hand side 'Verify My Sky ID'.

Click that, it should ask for card details. Enter them and you should receive a confirmation email (main users email) that the account has been verified.

Then try Sky Go with these additional users details.

Let me know if that works.

Back
Top Bottom