Sky livechat, someone please.. :'(

Associate
Sigh, I have been trying to get hold of sky for days now as having broadband installed, and after weeks I still have no install date (tethering my flakey 3g atm)

Frequently spend 30 mins on hold each evening to get frustrated and give up, and probably being charged loads for it too (from my mob, as no landline number yet).

Anyways where on earth is the sky live chat on their site? I have found it before tucked away on the order summary screen, it is now not there, yet they still have javascript in the source pointing at liveperson.net

Can anyone lend a hand as pulling my hair out here :(

Associate
OP
Cheers, but that still means sitting on hold for god knows how long, I have used online chat before and you generally get to speak to someone immediately, and they will schedule a callback if you need to speak to someone, ie no waiting

Associate
Try this :

I hate that $%^_^() sky site also.

LOL

I had to remove the link as I checked it a minute ago and I could see the conversation between Mort and the Sky operator.

Being the honorable person I am, I closed the window immediately. Hope nobody else was reading the conversation ....

Although it looked like Mort was chatting the girl up ^^

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Mate you are a legend!!

Also for anyone interested, all the sky numbers listed on saynoto0870 have nothing to do with customer service, or just dont work

Associate
OP
Okay.... seriously...

Amerie: Welcome to Sky, Home of HD. You're chatting to Amerie. May I take your name please?

You: Hi

You: my name is chris

Amerie: Hi chris

Amerie: How may I help you with your Sky purchase today?

You: Well I have a few issues

You: firstly, it is IMPOSSIBLE to find the sky live chat link on the website

Amerie: no

Amerie: your on it now

You: I ended up asking on a web forum and someone posted me a direct link. everytime i use livechat the link is in a different place than it was last time

You: it used to be on the order summary page, today it is not

Amerie: website some times changes

You: I know, i build them for a living, and making them as inaccessible as the sky website is insane

Amerie: I agree...

Amerie: But hi I dont design the site

You: anyways, i am trying to get a date for my broadband installation. i am currently tethering from my 3g phone connection which is not ideal

Amerie: But since your here at last how can i help?

You: i could not get through to the customer service line after roughly 20-30 mins EVERY evening this week trying to get through

Amerie: ok

Amerie: the problem is

You: can i haz cheeseburger?

You: i have been in my new property for weeks now, had tv installed the day i moved in and was told to expect a letter within a week

You: i wants

Amerie: cheeseburger?

You: i called to settle my direct debit payment and he said no date had been scheduled

You: funny how i can always get through when i need to pay / order but not when i need help

You: Wut?

You: cheeseburger??

You: Yes, cheeseburger

Amerie: you said can 'i haz cheeseburger'

Amerie: oh ok cheese burger

Amerie: ok

Amerie: right to be honest

You: Look to be honest gief cheeseburger

You: as i said, i build websites for a living, so everyday i am not online i am losing money. i except there is a wait to get installation sorted but i was told i should have received my install date long before now and when i try to get in touch with someone to ask about it i never speak to another human, only sit waiting on hold

Amerie: i wouldn't be able to tell the information you want as I dont have the facilities to access your account.

You: ok

You: you can however schedule a callback for me correct? :)

Amerie: I do apologise

You: i see, so you cant tell me any info i want, but can i haz cheeseburger?

Note the final line, and some mid way through going on about cheeseburgers. I did not actually say this, it appeared on my screen and then I was unable to send anymore from the chat window. So essentially even live chat gave me the finger...

Now when I reload the page (even after I restart browser) it still shows that conversation as if I am still connected, yet cannot type, and if I fiddle with the URL it tells me there are no sky people to talk to me. I am seriously on the verge of canceling Sky and going back to Virgin!

Last edited:
Soldato
Try this :

I hate that $%^_^() sky site also.

LOL

I had to remove the link as I checked it a minute ago and I could see conversation between Mort and the Sky operator.

Being the honorable person I am, I closed the window immediately. Hope nobody else was reading the conversation ....

Although it looked like Mort was chatting the girl up ^^

I didn't have a clue what was going on there - I actually thought the link was a wind up/joke that took me to a scripted chat box thingy. :p

I was going to post a screenshot of the conversation ( but only as I thought it was a wind up!! ) but I won't now that it appears it was a real convo.

How did you manage to post a link to a conversation within a live chat box???!!! :confused: :eek:

*EDIT* Since you have posted the above, Mort, I'll post the screenie. It was me that typed in the "Wut?" line!!!. :eek:

126fdxl.gif

Last edited:
Associate
I just gave Mort the link that I found to the live chat.

I didn't know the whole world and their hamster would also see it.

I dare you to post the unedited version, Mort.

Especially the photos !

:D

Associate
I'm trying to find it again Mort and tell you what to do instead of directly linking it, but I can't find it now ....

Dreadful site.

Also, Amerie ( AM I HERE)

They've made that up.

Associate
OP
ok update, none of the numbers work, checked the saynoto0870 forum and basically sky plug the numbers almost as quick as they go on the site

i used the number posted by Mattey1, lied at all the options saying I had to pay a bill, suprise suprise got through in no time, then told the guy my situation, was fed the F up, and wanted someone to get it sorted asap. he said he was going to transfer me to someone that would be able to sort it out, and would stay on the line with me until I was connected, did he b****x!

The guy I got through to said he had no idea why I got transferred to him, and the guy was probably just coming to the end of his shift, he said now everywhere is closed so at this time theres nothing he can actually do to help me. However he PROMISED on his life to call me back tomorrow between 10-12am so at least I wouldnt be paying to sit on hold.

We shall see.... Sigh :'(

Soldato
Sigh Draeger I hate you :p I was finally getting somewhere after an entire wasted evening, you go and screw it up for me :'(

Whoops!!!. Sorry m8!!! All I typed in there was "Wut?" as I was as confused as you probably were once I opened that link up. :D

Ouch doesn't seem like you have much luck with Sky support, I hope you get your call back in the morning!

And make sure you mention the fact that they have some sort of security glitch on their Livechat links on their website. ;)

Soldato
dude i would be telling them to RAM IT!

Also, if you 'need' your internet connection to do your business, you should be on a 'business' package. Sky have no obligation to 'home' users for any kind of SLA. Becuase then you wont' get mesed about like this. You get what you pay for.

Back
Top Bottom