Sky On-Demand Wireless set-up help!

Soldato
Hi fellers,

Right i'm trying to set up the above for my girlfriends family to no avail.

When trying to connect it, it just says failed? All the cables are connected etc, she's with 02 broadband don't know if that affects it?

Soldato
well you need it connected to your router 1st. (ethernet cable)

Then you need to let sky know so they can activate it.

Some routers (netgear DG1000) you need to go into the 'admin' page and change multiplexing method from VC based to LLC based

As for your sky box. Make sure Broadband network connection is turned on under Option / customise.

Then under settings / Network go down, press RED and it should be all ok.

Can take up to 48 hours after you have spoken with SKY though.

Caporegime
Official sky wireless connector?

You don't need to bother phoning sky until you can get the network screen to show local and service connection as ok. Is it giving the network selection and then asking for the network key? Key is case sensitive don't forget and to get lower case you need to press the number key 4-8 times depending on the letter required.

Can't type for toffee
Don
Disregard cables and such you said it was wireless :p

As above tho, case sensitive key, bet the sky box has put it all in caps.
The official sky adapters are apparantly a right PITA but I read you can connect to your PC and put the wireless details int here and then reconnect to the Sky box.

Associate
I'm pretty sure all I did was plug a cable into the ethernet port and "on demand" worked instantly. - Is the issue older boxes; mine is a Sky+ HD box that's at least two years old now.

Back
Top Bottom