*** Sky Q Thread ***

Soldato
Yes, similar rises in Nov, but I'm shortly out of contract too, so will have to go through the annual retentions merry-go-round :rolleyes:

How many times they just raise it per year now...seems frequently lol.

Seeming as the service is getting worse, it's becoming annoying.
Box constantly loosing series connections and failed downloads when trying to catch up.

Associate
If only the box was connected to the internet and linked to your account I some way, then it could make backups....oh wait....
That would be far too obvious for Sky. Instead they seem more interested in making their own hideously ugly TV hardware :rolleyes:

I’m increasingly believing they’re a dinosaur in the modern world. Clinging on to a failing out of date business model until it’s too late. Sadly I think the standalone app/box streaming model has passed them by and they can’t possibly compete with the muscle of Netflix, Prime or Apple.

If it wasn’t for F1 or their tie up with HBO content I’d have gone a long time ago.

Soldato
I think it's more the missus keeping us on it, all the series she watches.
I'd love the F1 in 4K, but they want so much money for that.
Why can't Netflix get on it, their F1 series is amazing quality.
I'd dump it and just stick with Netflix/Amazon.
I used to like it just for the interface, everything seemed to work quite well. But that's just getting worse at each update.

Associate
The one thing that annoys me about Sky is that I am basically stuck with their ****** router if I want to use the "internet calls" part of my Sky package. The SR203 which is their current router has pretty **** wireless performance. Other than that I have had no problems with my Sky Q setup apart from having to teach a 75 year old man how to not damage the remote :p

V F

V F

Soldato
The one thing that annoys me about Sky is that I am basically stuck with their ****** router if I want to use the "internet calls" part of my Sky package. The SR203 which is their current router has pretty **** wireless performance. Other than that I have had no problems with my Sky Q setup apart from having to teach a 75 year old man how to not damage the remote :p

Why not get a good wireless access point and daisy chain it off the router? That's what I've had to do.

Associate
Other than their esoteric DHCP options required for auth, what does their router do that’s special for the internet calling that another decent router wouldn’t do with some config?

V F

V F

Soldato
Other than their esoteric DHCP options required for auth, what does their router do that’s special for the internet calling that another decent router wouldn’t do with some config?

There is no way you can find out the VoIP settings Sky uses to use for other equipment.

V F

V F

Soldato
Or simply want you locked into their hardware. I searched for a week and couldn't find the VoIP settings that is required from them. Many people in the same boat. As I have a Billion router I can use but I need the phone for VoIP so I'm stuck with the Sky router with the Billion as a switch and Wi-Fi.

Associate
anyone getting any good deals with SKYQ renewals?

Currently playing 79.50 for the TV package + 2 sky mini boxes and Netlfix ultimate... but this is going to go up to 107 once contract expires mid December. anyone done it recently? if so what did you get?

I think I got a renewal offer of 99 quid but cant find it any longer.

Soldato
Can you still leave and get your partner from the same household sign up as a new customer?

You don't need to anymore. If you find a deal which is better than your current one (even if you signed up a week ago) you can still apply the new deal and recontract again.

Can't do new customer deals unfortunately, so if it's one of those then yes would have to cancel and can take out in another name on the sly ;)

Back
Top Bottom