Skyblivion new trailer

Associate
Is it bad that I don't really care about this mod? I've been playing Oblivion with loads of mods and thoroughly enjoyed it. Not sure I'd do it all again just in a different engine.

Have they kept everything the same story /quest wise?

Caporegime
OP
Is it bad that I don't really care about this mod? I've been playing Oblivion with loads of mods and thoroughly enjoyed it. Not sure I'd do it all again just in a different engine.

Have they kept everything the same story /quest wise?

Yeah I think the story is the same. They've simply ported the game over to Skyrim Special Edition and improved the graphics, landscaping, city, interiors, etc.

I don't think I've played it for almost a decade so I'm quite looking forward to it.

Associate
Looking forward to this, played them all many times and recently started Morrowind again with the OpenMW engine which works really well and nice not to have a crash every few hours :).
Also reinstalled oblivion with a few mods, still such a great game.

I do like Skyrim but somehow never really enjoyed it as much as the previous ones.

Soldato
Looking forward to this, played them all many times and recently started Morrowind again with the OpenMW engine which works really well and nice not to have a crash every few hours :).
Also reinstalled oblivion with a few mods, still such a great game.

I do like Skyrim but somehow never really enjoyed it as much as the previous ones.

True. Skyrim doesn't feel as great as Oblivion.
But my only issue with all the single player ES games are the ESO is so much much better, especially the character designs, that cannot go back to the ugly designs of the single player ES.

Associate
This is how I remember Oblivion looking anyway (via my rose-tinted memory and from not revisiting the game for > 12 years :p)

Perhaps I'd be in for a rude awakening if I fired up the original now.

Soldato
This is how I remember Oblivion looking anyway (via my rose-tinted memory and from not revisiting the game for > 12 years :p)

Same for me.

I thought it was showing the original then would drastically change to the new engine part way through :p
I would have to see them side by side to know its different.

Caporegime
OP

Same for me.

I thought it was showing the original then would drastically change to the new engine part way through :p
I would have to see them side by side to know its different.

Here you go. :cool:

V5iX5hs.jpg.png

z8DtwTV.png

Soldato

Depends where you looked, interiors in Oblivion were amazing back then and hold up well even now, especially the lighting in the Aleid ruins...

The overworld is terrible though, even for it's day, easily some of the worst graphics from the past few gens :p

Elder Scrolls has always been like that though, amazing interiors awful exteriors, Skyrim included.

Associate
Depends where you looked, interiors in Oblivion were amazing back then and hold up well even now, especially the lighting in the Aleid ruins...

The overworld is terrible though, even for it's day, easily some of the worst graphics from the past few gens :p

Elder Scrolls has always been like that though, amazing interiors awful exteriors, Skyrim included.

I reckon a heavily modded Oblivion is what I'm remembering, i.e:

bf4kaJE.jpg

Taken from this tweak / graphics mod guide last updated in 2010:
https://www.tweakguides.com/Oblivion_1.html

Gotta love retro 800x600 screenshots.

Associate

Oh man, this is looking awesome. I would pay full price for this and Skywind.

Genuinely stoked by this... I'm terrible at finishing games & never finished any es game... Given the parlous nature of recent offerings.. this and the morrowind remake are very high on my gaming list!

Jus watched this as well.. we all take gaming for granted but sometimes you have to take a step back to respect the people involved with projects like this:

Last edited:
Associate
I just bought Oblivion and could easily get into it. What's the opinion from those who have played it, would it be worth modding or should I wait for this Skyblivion thing being released?

Modding Oblivion piece by piece is not fun and very time consuming IIRC. I'd look for a total overhaul mod that can get you 80-90% of the best stuff in one go with maximum stability.

Back
Top Bottom