Skylake m-ITX Motherboards

Soldato
If you see any nice H170 boards it would be worth including them too. As I'm more concerned about temperature and noise than overclocking.

Associate
From Asus I've seen the model numbers Z170i Pro Gaming the H170i Plus and the H110i Plus mentioned. Absent so far is Maximus VIII Impact

Associate
The EVGA Stinger could be my next board. I'm a bit concerned about having only 2 RAM slots thouhg, I can't find any 16GB (8x8) dual channel kits for sale and even if they appear I guess they're going to be very expensive. Plus there is the loss of memory bandwidth from quad to dual channel but I doubt that makes much difference for what I need it for.

Last edited:
Associate
I would have thought quad channel is more of a X99 than 100 series / Skylake issue and one of the Asrock X99 ITX does have 4 SODIMMs.

Any PC build should be a balance of sensible components available at a given time, and for gaming / media use I think 16GB is sufficient for a build right now. I've managed on 8GB / i5, and thinking about Skylake i7 / 16GB but I do wonder if the expense will be worth it.

Associate
It's always the case, m-ITX boards are the last to appear every new CPU generation.
You'll see them start to appear end of the month / early sept.

That being said, I checked a competitor who is advertising "Item due on 10 August 2015". Let's see what Monday brings, I may be upgrading sooner than expected! :cool:

Associate
OP
That being said, I checked a competitor who is advertising "Item due on 10 August 2015". Let's see what Monday brings, I may be upgrading sooner than expected! :cool:

I've also seen the basic Gigabyte z170n-wifi up for sale, albeit pre order.
Iterations of this board tend to be first out the gate going by previous revisions of the board for previous CPU gens.

Personally I'm looking at the Asrock Fatal1ty Gaming for the Lone Industries L3 Skylake build I'm planning.
It's the best featured ITX board announced so far!

I had the Z97 Stinger, it was a dog of a board.
2 RMA's for bios and audio issues, I sold the 3rd board and the usb 3.0 ports died on the guy who bought it a few weeks later, never again.
Everything since their X58 boards (which were good) have been awful.

Last edited:
Associate
It's always the case, m-ITX boards are the last to appear every new CPU generation.
You'll see them start to appear end of the month / early sept.

Sucks that it takes so long for mITX to be released, especially as all the full size boards are available straight away. :(

Do manufacturers just not think it worth the effort to get them out on time?

Associate
If you have no current PC to use, and have already purchased the CPU, DDR4, and M2 SSD then I can see it being very inconvenient to have to wait another few weeks.

If you look at the breadth and maturity of the Z170 product lines just launched, and the upcoming release of H170 etc,, and the fact they have less than a year to prepare for each launch, then they may well have good reasons to stagger the launch beyond lack of interest.

The extra weeks we have to wait will hopefully result in more availability and lower prices for the CPUs (in particular) and the new 3000+ DDR4 kits and M2 SSDs, so the time won't be wasted.

Back
Top Bottom