Skyrim 10th Anniversary Edition for PS5 and Xbox Series S/X

Soldato
Get ready to buy Skyrim, yet again.

https://www.ign.com/articles/skyrim-10th-anniversary-remaster-ps5-xbox-series-x?utm_source=twitter

Skyrim is back... again. Bethesda announced that it is releasing The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim for next-gen consoles, bringing with it various enhancements.

Perhaps the biggest piece of news is that this version will be available for PlayStation 5. In the wake of Bethesda's acquisition by Xbox, the availability of games like The Elder Scrolls on Sony's platforms has been an ongoing concern. In this instance, at least, PlayStation fans are being included.

The Anniversary Edition will include 10 years' worth of content plus some new features. One new feature? A free fishing mechanic. Plus, if you own Skyrim Special Edition, there is an upgrade path to the Anniversary Edition, though it won't be free.

For folks who just want to play Skyrim on next-gen consoles, a free next-gen upgrade will be coming to all players.

The quotes are all the story, but just incase it updates I'll include the link.

I wonder if any of this will trickle down to PC users like last gen console versions did as the Skyrim Special Edition?

And if it does, what would it actually bring compared to a well-made Wabbajack mod compilation?

At the rate Bethesda do Elder Scrolls games, the devs from Skyrim will have reached retirement age by the time the next installment comes out!

I assume it will come to Gamepass. I will definitely play it again if it gets a next gen upgrade. Although the Switch version was one I have played the most so it has never been the graphics that have drawn me to this game.

If it’s on game pass I may well be tempted again. Depends how much they’ve updated it. I haven’t played it since the last dlc dropped.

Edit: ‘Existing owners of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition and Xbox Game Pass subscribers will also receive the option to purchase an Anniversary Edition upgrade for their Special Edition version of the game’.

Well that’s disappointing.

Last edited:
When is enough actually going to be enough? Who keeps buying this game? I bought it once and that was too many times...

Bit more info https://elderscrolls.bethesda.net/e...itter&utm_content=5366313016&linkId=129009883

@Vinno Gonna be on PS6 at this rate lol.

@chrismscotland Think they must be neck and neck now.

The PS7 release date is the target date of The Elder Scrolls VI!

For PC users, wonder if the upgrade is worthwhile or just an excuse for Bethesda to re-compile and break SKSE but this time probably without modernising anything. SSE quickly became the modders choice once SKSE and SkyUI were there as even the move to 64 improved stability a lot.

Played it twice about 5 years apart. An amazing game but I remembered a lot of the missions, layouts and story so overall lessened the impact a lot. I wouldn't want play it a 3rd time.

I've never actually played it. Would you guys say it's worthwhile in that situation or does it feel a bit clunky given it's 10years old?

The combat was clunky even at launch. It’s still a great game with interesting characters and quests, and I played it for the first time with the Switch release so it’s not the rose tinted glasses talking.

Last edited:
I've never actually played it. Would you guys say it's worthwhile in that situation or does it feel a bit clunky given it's 10years old?
I have just started my second play through 10 years apart, so forgotten a lot. Really enjoying it, wouldnt be paying much for it though these days, just grab an older version and add some mods.

It's an odd one this. I think I've played it three times - Xbox 360, Xbox One and PC. And all three times, I just plonk it on easy difficulty and play only the main quests. There is probably a load of stuff that I've never ever seen in this game. So I'm kind of looking forward to giving this a proper run through on PS5 for the trophies.

Back
Top Bottom