Skyrim 10th Anniversary Edition for PS5 and Xbox Series S/X

I find with Elder Scrolls some people get it, some don't. It's like kids with a big cardboard box, some want the specific toy that came from the box, other kids get more fun from the empty box. Well Skyrim is like the ultimate virtual cardboard box, it's huge, you can add to it, change how it plays and get lost in its atmosphere - again and again.

I've played Skyrim so many times since it was released in 2011. I've had so much fun with it, modded it to death, played various ways and with different characters and though I haven't played it for about 3 years now, I still occasionally get the urge to dive back in and start modding again.

Saying that, I won't be giving them any money for re-releases. No chance. I want Elder Scrolls 6, I think it's a crime it's been 10 years without anything new, and we wont likely see ES6 until at least 2025. Unbelievable. In a way I think Skyrim's success was detrimental to the series, instead of pushing forward and innovating, they've just sat on it and milked the thing to high heaven.

Sorry for the bump but I have the special edition and I'm wondering if it is worth upgrading to the anniversary edition? I'm a big fan of the game so playing through it again with new stuff included sounds good to me.

Back
Top Bottom