SleekForge *Brought to you by, Streacom...*

Soldato
Project time! :D

This project is brought to you by:

www.minibotpc.com
This project link

And in cooperation with:

Streacom has kindly sent over their DA6 XL for this project build and their new VU1 Dials which i am eager to review and what better test platform than on their very own DA6 Chassis. Bitspower is once again sending over the required watercooling hardware and for this rather sleek looking build we will be going with a black and gold theme. That means we'll be seeing some Asus ProArt components in this build and who knows what else is in for store!

A quick overview of the DA6:

"The DA6 is a vertical open frame ITX case designed to provide the ideal platform for showcasing computer components. This open-frame design, combined with the unique approach to mounting hardware, means the DA6 has incredible support for the ever-increasing size and cooling demands of gaming hardware whilst still maintaining SFF conformity."

The tubular design of the main structure adds a rather stylish look to the frame while adding to that common look we're all use to with 90 degree hard tubing runs in modern watercooled builds. However, it has yet to be decided whether we will be going with a hardline build or a simple EPDM and sleeved tubing build. More to come on that front as we progress with the build.

As usual, a quick run down of the core components:

• AMD 7800x3D (TBC)​
  • MSI B650i (TBC)​
  • 32gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000mhz​
  • Samsung 980 PRO 1TB nvme​
  • Asus ProArt RTX 4070TI OC​
  • PSU (TBC)​
  • Bitspower Watercooling hardware​

Pictures to follow as per usual ;)

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Streacom's VU1 dials are here and they're even better than I expected! It's small footprint and size is going to make for some interesting builds. A mini review will be available soon on our website :D

The little touches on the screen and the thank you greeting surprised me, it's the little things that count that make it rather special.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Buckled up.

I've always been curious if the tube frame of the DA6 could be used to route water. The frame is also the distro :p

A little tempted to drill holes into the tubular pipes and weld G1/4 threads into it lol.

Nah it would never work, not unless i block off one end as the whole thing is one piece. Quite elegant when you look at it.

Soldato
OP
what I want to know is where is the join in the frame's tube? I've looked at so many pictures of this thing and I can never find the seam. They did a magnificent job making it seamless.

I've had a really good look myself and i honestly can't find it. If there's one thing that Streacom does really well it's craftsmanship on anything they touch and produce. I can't find any faults with it really, looks like all bases are covered but i'll know more once i start building in it.

The only downside i've noticed so far is the lack of IO ports lol but the motherboard will provide most of that.

Cable management is going to be super important in this one so im thinking of going the custom cables route and do exact lengths. I think @jabski did that for his and it looks awesome!

Associate
I've had a really good look myself and i honestly can't find it. If there's one thing that Streacom does really well it's craftsmanship on anything they touch and produce. I can't find any faults with it really, looks like all bases are covered but i'll know more once i start building in it.

The only downside i've noticed so far is the lack of IO ports lol but the motherboard will provide most of that.

Cable management is going to be super important in this one so im thinking of going the custom cables route and do exact lengths. I think @jabski did that for his and it looks awesome!
I am glad your starting another project. I look forward to your updates :)

Soldato
OP
Some final shots of the ProArt 4070ti, not gonna lie it's beautiful card. Very well built and very cool and quiet.

Excited to get this build under way :D, board and cpu next but we've had to make some slight changes to the core components.

Last edited:
Soldato
The ProArt square and line art on the backplate are beautiful, but Asus just gotta be Asus and spaff their nonsense over every available surface.

Yes Asus, we get it, we bought the effin card. No need to continually advertise it.

Back
Top Bottom