SleekForge *Brought to you by, Streacom...*

Soldato
OP
The ProArt square and line art on the backplate are beautiful, but Asus just gotta be Asus and spaff their nonsense over every available surface.

Yes Asus, we get it, we bought the effin card. No need to continually advertise it.

They gotta make everyone aware it's an Asus Card as the ProArt branding isn't enough already :cry:

Associate
I've had a really good look myself and i honestly can't find it. If there's one thing that Streacom does really well it's craftsmanship on anything they touch and produce. I can't find any faults with it really, looks like all bases are covered but i'll know more once i start building in it.

When I looked at that case, I really couldn't help but think those tubes should have ports built in, and be part of the WC loop.

I'm looking forward to another of your builds, and well done to your sponsors. Great to see the support, although I know you'll do them proud.

Soldato
OP
And yet MDPC-X Vanilla Sands is perfect for the ProArt branding...although I'm not a fan of PET sleeve, so I'll find you a paracord version :p

I'm all for it haha! Still undecided whether i want to go soft tubing with this or hardline but since its CPU only (unless i find a ProArt gpu block that matches the theme) i may go soft tubing. Sleeving is an uncertainty at the moment as i want a really clean build.

Soldato
OP
When I looked at that case, I really couldn't help but think those tubes should have ports built in, and be part of the WC loop.

I'm looking forward to another of your builds, and well done to your sponsors. Great to see the support, although I know you'll do them proud.

I feel the same mate, but i've realised that the top and bottom parts are not connected to the center tubes therefore i would need to seal the center tubes in and then tap or weld G1/4 threads on. Neat idea though, it would technically become a proper "tubeless" design.

Honestly the support has been great. I love being able to show my ideas and then getting brands onboard to support the idea, makes you feel a certain way... proud maybe?

Soldato
OP
Abit more progress while i wait for the board and cpu to come.

Test fitting the mounting locations everything, this isn't the final locations for some of the parts but just wanted to get a feel for where things should go. The modularity of the design means i can pretty much mount things where i want with the only limitation being space. My Bitspower stuff probably won't be finalised till after Computex happens so there's abit of a wait to go yet.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Confirmed the kit they will be sending us for this workstation build.

KF564C32RSK2-64 Kingston FURY Renegade DDR5 Silver/Black XMP 64GB 6400MT/s CL32​

An absolute beast of a kit! This should be a SK Hynix kit from what i've read and know of Kingston so looking forward to some nice clocks and timings.

Soldato
Not sure how I missed your new project

Congratulations yet again mate
Kingston are a major player

Didn't think I would like analogue dials
But they probably do look better than digital or oled dials
In this particular build
How do they receive information?
Usb?

Soldato
OP
congrats on the new sponsor mate. I like where the psu is mounted. Might be cool to have the psu fan black

Not sure if this will be the permanent location yet as it really depends on how the watercooling stuff will fit.

I do like how the fan sits though, maybe if it was more centred too.

Soldato
OP
Not sure how I missed your new project

Congratulations yet again mate
Kingston are a major player

Didn't think I would like analogue dials
But they probably do look better than digital or oled dials
In this particular build
How do they receive information?
Usb?

Wahey! lol thanks man!

Yeah Kingston is huge for me so being able to work with them is a huge win and definitely one to be proud of.

They're connected via USB C and use virtual comport to communicate with a server to update and receive information. Waiting on 3rd party software to really make use of these as right now it's not that great.

I have a review of these up on my website.

Soldato
Wahey! lol thanks man!

Yeah Kingston is huge for me so being able to work with them is a huge win and definitely one to be proud of.

They're connected via USB C and use virtual comport to communicate with a server to update and receive information. Waiting on 3rd party software to really make use of these as right now it's not that great.

I have a review of these up on my website.
Was on phone earlier so small photos
Nice ,Didn't realise they were e-ink
I guess that sorts out the issue that oled ones
Burn in or may fail after not a very long lifetime
Going by some of the oled flow meters failure rates

And yeah you should be proud

Soldato
OP
Was on phone earlier so small photos
Nice ,Didn't realise they were e-ink
I guess that sorts out the issue that oled ones
Burn in or may fail after not a very long lifetime
Going by some of the oled flow meters failure rates

And yeah you should be proud

Love E ink displays, even with no power the image is retained lol.

Been tempted to redesign the image and put minibotpc onto it as well.

Soldato
OP
Definitely put minibotpc on there is great idea
Never realised the image stayed there
Only ever used a kindle
No other e-ink devices

got a few stills to do tonight and some product shots, also some testing on the new stuff that's arrived.

I love what i do now, it's actually something i look forward to after work :cry: even though it is technically more work.

Back
Top Bottom