Sleep or shut down?

Soldato
hey guys,

how does sleep mode work on the Mac? Any good?

Im thinking of rather than shutting down every time I use my Mac, to put it in sleep..im guessing that power draw is minimal and safe enough to leave, say, over a day or two if need be?

Soldato
I’ve just been using sleep on my M2 Air. Makes no noticeable difference to battery life so I’d imagine it will be minimal power usage for a plugged in Mac.

Soldato
OP
I’ve just been using sleep on my M2 Air. Makes no noticeable difference to battery life so I’d imagine it will be minimal power usage for a plugged in Mac.

that's a fair point, I don't shut down my MBA,just close the lid, which is the same I suppose. will try it out, hopefully it will put my speakers to sleep too..I hate having to reach over and manually turn them off at the sub.

Commissario
Up until the energy price rises, I never switched off any of my Macs, I just put them to sleep. Now I actually care about how much power I use, I do shut down the iMac and the Studio each day.

Associate
Sleep mode is fine and works very well on a Mac. I usually shut mine down anyway though, gives me a reason to close all the half-finished projects at the end of the day, otherwise they'd still be open a week later :p

Soldato
Sleep unless i'm away for longer than a day. Although if i'm boot-camped into Windows on one of them then they get shutdown due to the Wifi bug - adaptors don't 'wake up' after sleep.

Back
Top Bottom