SLI Bridge for Asus RE VI Extreme Encore with 3 x EVGA Titan Black?

Associate
My Water-cooled Asus Rampage Extreme Black X79 build has become incredibly unreliable over the past 18 months. Despite 2 major rebuilds, new memory, new HDs, new USB devices, new PSU, new cabling, etc. Four fresh builds of Win 10 x64, using minimal driver sets, have seen no improvement and the regular BSODS and freezes continue. The errors message are rarely the same and often occur when I am in the BIOS screen. Some days it will pass every CPU, memory and GC test, even 10 cycles of the Intel CPU Burner at 4.5Ghz. Other days it will crash after 5 minutes on idle. Windows diagnostics suggest it is MAINLY, BUT NOT EXCLUSIVELY a fault with at least one of the three GCs, but based on the dozens of forum threads with similar code 141 logs, it would appear that it could just as easily be an intermittent track break on the MB, a stressed PCI slot connector, GC/MB Chipset driver issue:

Windows

Description
Faulting Application Path: C:\Windows\System32\WerFault.exe
Creation Time: 14/06/2020 15:02:04
Problem: Hardware error

Problem signature
Problem Event Name: LiveKernelEvent
Code: 141
Parameter 1: ffffb084d8904010
Parameter 2: fffff80321e62610
Parameter 3: 0
Parameter 4: 764
OS version: 10_0_18363
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 256_1

Extra information about the problem
Bucket ID: LKD_0x141_Tdr:6_IMAGE_nvlddmkm.sys_Kepler (18446744073709551615)

Again, judging by the forums, some people have resolved the issue by replacing their MB and others have replaced their GC(s). My gut feeling is GC sag and a physical PCI interface problem.

So, after 1600hrs of fault testing over the past 18 months, I am looking to replace the MB with a new Rampage Extreme VI Encore, but the PCI slot spacing is not symmetrical, even though it states compatibility with 3 x SLI. Thus my current 'aluminium' 3 way EVGA SLI Bridge would be misaligned and too short. I have checked the usual outlets, but nobody seems to sell a custom spaced bridge? Surely I don't need to go back to using the cheap and nasty Asus black PCBs which come with MB to make the connection - is there a better 3rd party solution?

Update Note 14 Jun 20:
I have just installed a SmallRig (DSLR market) vertical twin 15mm tube sliders in the middle of the MB area (anchored to the top & bottom of the case). This now gives me 5 height adjustable braces (above and below each card) made from 15mm diameter 9" long carbon fibre tubes. This solution has removed any 'sag', but has likely come too late for my current MB & GCs. However, despite being expensive to implement this would have saved me £1800 or £1500 depending on what is broken and 1600hrs of fault testing!

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Especially regarding a better quality 3 Way SLI Bridge PCB which matches the uneven PCI slot spacing of the Rampage Extreme VI Encore?

Thanks,
Martin

Back
Top Bottom