Slightly bored of Fiesta

Soldato
As title, but to elaborate:

It's a bit go kart like, I'm liking the idea of something softer.
64 plate and remapped 1.0T 123ps to about 150ps, I like this amount of power. Wouldn't like to be back closer to 100ps.
I do like the heated seats, windscreen and satnav. I also make a lot of use of bluetooth audio and the DAB radio. Basically, I like my toys!
Would prefer to keep manual, especially for this kinda value (lets say up to 10k)... feel like a cheap auto box could lead to disaster.
Willing to take a car a few years older.
I do not need a big car, no family or pets... now or desire for!

Was looking at Volvo's, but don't know much about them.

Just curious, what would the guys of Motors suggest. Oh, I'm ready for the usual swapping for the sake of swapping, itchy feet, etc. comments.

Ta!

Don
You want something softer / less go-karty but not bigger? I'm not sure something like that exists.

A Golf / Focus / Leon aren't substantially bigger though.

Leon 1.4 or 1.5 FR maybe?

Soldato
This seems totally pointless to me? You're just going to end up in a very slightly bigger version of the same car, which will be slightly slower and handle slightly worse (not that this means badly).

I would totally change the type of car or go for significantly more power, go buy a late-ish NC mx-5 for example or move to a fiesta ST

Soldato
OP
This seems totally pointless to me? You're just going to end up in a very slightly bigger version of the same car, which will be slightly slower and handle slightly worse (not that this means badly).

I would totally change the type of car or go for significantly more power, go buy a late-ish NC mx-5 for example or move to a fiesta ST

Tried the Fiesta ST when I bought this Titanium X, far too firm and bumpy. It's how I feel about this car now, I want something softer.

Soldato
OP
You want something softer / less go-karty but not bigger? I'm not sure something like that exists.

A Golf / Focus / Leon aren't substantially bigger though.

Leon 1.4 or 1.5 FR maybe?

I was more meaning I don't need a huge car, I'm not adverse to smaller or larger... within reason. My main point was something like a saloon car like wise would be wasted on me.

I have been looking at Leons actually, but it's another one I don't know much about at the moment.

Associate
I was more meaning I don't need a huge car, I'm not adverse to smaller or larger... within reason. My main point was something like a saloon car like wise would be wasted on me.

I have been looking at Leons actually, but it's another one I don't know much about at the moment.
If you're looking for ride quality then a large car isn't really wasted on you though. I'd just look into a Mondeo (or something similar) with lots of tech if those were my priorities.

Soldato
Another consideration, thanks. Does it being a larger car make it 'softer'?

I know that they come with similar features to the Fiesta, so I wouldn't be missing anything.

I would imagine so compared to a Fiesta, however it's worth bearing in mind that "softer" is subjective". You're best off to try these cars for yourself.

Soldato
Our fiesta is a significantly "softer" car than our Focus ST - though the focus rides well for what it is.

I can't see it being better for you than the fiesta, though something like a 1.5/1.6 turbo might be better

Soldato
The Focus ST is softer than the Fiesta ST, but it's still pretty hard. All hot hatches have a firm ride.

If you want soft try something like a Lexus. Something with a bit of weight behind it helps to iron out bumps.

Back
Top Bottom