1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

slightly OT question about parcel delivery

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by footman, 5 Jun 2006.

1. footman

Mobster

I recently ordered a cpu from the USA and the vendor sent it by The US Postal Service. He gave me a tracking number and I have checked its progress from the States, through UK customs and out for delivery.

It says a delivery was attempted last Saturday so I assume another attempt will be made.

However, it gives no indication just who was attempting to deliver it (should I have expected a white Chevvy van with NYC number plates?)

any ideas how I can find out?
    thanks for looking.

2. SiriusB

Capodecina

If it is small enough Royal Mail or Parcel Force. But they would have left a note telling you you werent in blah blah. If you got no such note then I assume it was a courier or some other delivery service.

Have a look on their website, usually have details of who they use for deliveries.

SiriusB

3. quadboi

PermaBanned

Should this not be in General Discussion?

Also, I would of thought Parcel force, they have handed over many parcels from the states...

4. footman

Mobster

yes, youre right it should be in that forum...maybe a mod will move it.

5. quadboi

PermaBanned

Yep ;)

Also, did you mix the "General Hardware" and "General Discussion" up, both with General :) :p