Small pc build advice

Associate
I guess there are a few issues with the A300.

Not many connections on mobo back plate. Sodimm. No place for dedicated GPU if decided i wanted one in the future. Limited as to what CPU cooler i can use.

Maybe i should go with spec 1?
There's no right or wrong here, just need to decide what you want from this build. If you think you need the option for further expansion, then something based on option 1 is probably better for your needs.

I'd suggest looking for something like the Ballistix Sport LT 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 BLS2K8G4D32AESBK which can be found for quite a bit cheaper.
I would however strongly suggest looking for RAM that has Micron E-die, such as this one above, as it probably has the best price to performance (but it'll be a bit more expensive than the RAM in option 1). Some people might have managed decent results with Hynix, but for simplicity I'd suggest to try and avoid Hynix for Ryzen builds.

Soldato
OP
AMD Ryzen 5 2400G VEGA Graphics AM4 CPU w/ Wraith Stealth Cooler
AMD B450 I AORUS PRO ac WIFI Mini ITX AM4 Motherboard

The above motherboard still a good one to pair with the Ryzen? No bios update needed out of the box?

Soldato
AMD Ryzen 5 2400G VEGA Graphics AM4 CPU w/ Wraith Stealth Cooler
AMD B450 I AORUS PRO ac WIFI Mini ITX AM4 Motherboard

The above motherboard still a good one to pair with the Ryzen? No bios update needed out of the box?

It’s a 2nd gen board with a 2nd gen CPU, if you want to check, why not look at the CPU support list? It’ll tell you the required BIOS version for support, but within the same generation you would normally be fine.

Back
Top Bottom