• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

small regarding a GTX 580 (oldish i know but it works)

Associate
Right peeps, the question i have is in regards to running 3 monitors, i am aware that for the Nvidia surround requires 2 cards for three monitors but my question is can i run 3 monitors off of one card and just game on the primary monitor? many thanks in advanced to all whom answer even if only partially.

Permabanned
Cannot remember 100% but do not think so on 500 series, need 600+ series which can do 4 screens, 2D/3D Surround Gaming and 4th screen for Skype/E-Mail etc.

Associate
OP
Cannot remember 100% but do not think so on 500 series, need 600+ series which can do 4 screens, 2D/3D Surround Gaming and 4th screen for Skype/E-Mail etc.

thanks, be nice if i could get three run three with one being gaming. i suppose i could try it next time i get chance but that may be a short while away as ill need a cable and then also a desk mount as i haven't room on the desk so it would have to go off the edge. Many thanks for your reply though

Permabanned
Look at UltraMon and DisplayFusion and see if it will let you but I am sure its 2 screens at same time no matter what connections you use.

Soldato
Definitely only able to run 2 monitors at once from a 580. Even if you hook 3 up, you'll only be able to have 2 active at any one time.

The 6xx series was the first Nvidia cards able to run 3 screens from a single card (provided the card is a Kepler based card, not a Fermi rebrand), or the 5xxx series from AMD if you're happy to use Displayport for at least 1 screen.

Associate
OP
The 6xx series was the first Nvidia cards able to run 3 screens from a single card (provided the card is a Kepler based card, not a Fermi rebrand), or the 5xxx series from AMD if you're happy to use Displayport for at least 1 screen.[/QUOTE]

i may have to throw my 5850 back in then or just stick to two monitors, most likely the latter though.

Back
Top Bottom