Small tripod that can hold an XT 3 and larger lenses?

Man of Honour
Tripod nightmare. I’m a bit out of the loop with this. I use a trusty manfrotto but it’s heavy and cumbersome and I want a change. If possible I want something where the camera can sit low whilst being fully supported. I like landscape and panoramic and take a lot of long exposures. But the lenses are reasonably heavy, so I need a tripod that can manage. Also one that I can pack away perhaps.

Man of Honour
OP
Sure, and thanks for replying.

Budget : £150.
Size will be dependent on budget I’m sure, but ideally I’d like something I can attach to my LowePro Fastpack 250.

Weight as light as budget allows I guess. Just as long as it can hold the weight.

Soldato
In that case its well worth taking a look on mbp at their used selection.
Brand wise, personally I got lucky a number of years ago and picked up a used gitzo tripod for around 100 on fb and its been rock solid.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Ulanzi do some very nicely priced carbon tripods, if you leave it your basket they'll email you a discount code.

I ordered this for about £200 with codes:

Caporegime
Ulanzi do some very nicely priced carbon tripods, if you leave it your basket they'll email you a discount code.

This is the one to get at the moment.

It's not the smallest but it is the most feature rich at the best value and reviewed.

Associate

Did you order that just as is, or add any additional accessories? I was wondering about the QR kit add on :)

Caporegime
Arrived today, only had a quick look at it. Build quality is amazing.

It comes as standard with a QR plate to screw into your camera.

I don't really get the additional QR bit, I think is designed to allow you to adapt another tripod or anything with a tripod screw to Ulanzi's QR plate. It comes as two parts, the same QR screw in plate you get as standard and a holder you can clip the QR plate into with a tripod screw in the base, not sure if this is maybe to convert Arca Swiss to their QR standard?

Edit:

Yup it's to adapt Arca to QR.

I might pickup the backpack adaptor, looks handy:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom