Smallest ATX case help

Soldato
So I currently have a full sized NZXT Switch 810.
After having to move rooms and getting a much smaller desk (PC will always live on the floor btw)
I am needing to get a much smaller chassis.

I have had a keen eye on the Fractal Design C. I'm leaning towards the Design C instead of the Meshify as PC is now in the living room with the family and will be on a lot of the time so I'm will to take a hit on temps for the pleasure of silence.

It's looking like I'm going to have to ditch my BD drive if going to a compact case (which indonuse, sparingly) as the only reasonable sized cases I can see that offer a ODD drove slot are still on the larger size.

Just saw that Corsair have a 110R model coming out that has a ODD slot but seems quite a bit bigger than the Design C

Any other recommendations? Been out of the case market for years.

Last edited:
Soldato
I recently had the same dilemma and actually went for the Kolink Castle. Link

It's quite a bit cheaper than the Meshify meaning you'll have money to spare for quieter fans if needed.

Very nice looking case, enough space for everything inside and not noticeably cheaper feeling. I came from a Fractal Design R2.

Soldato
Sliger Cerberus X is the smallest ATX case, at 19.5 litres in volume. To put that in perspective, Lian Li's new ITX case is 23.75 litres. The Fractal Design Define C is 39.3 litres. In spite of the size difference, the Cerberus can pull off a couple of tricks that the Define C can't; it has EATX support and can handle up to two 280mm radiators simultaneously.

The drawback of the Cerberus is that it's expensive. But it's a really impressive case for the size.

I believe the Raijintek Thetis is the smallest ATX tower under £100. Not so easy to source now though.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
So I'm back in the market now Christmas has come and gone. I'm still thinking the smallest and most compact case is going to be the Fractal Define C. However the only thing holding me back is how old it is. No USB C on the front etc.

Any other alternatives for around the same price or cheaper? Looking for silence too as PC is in living room.

Soldato
OP
Thanks for the link jrodga2k5, what's putting me off that case and also the Meshify is the mesh.

I'm looking for silence too so that's why I'm liking the Define C

Soldato
That's fair...I am surprised at how quiet it remains however even with the mesh. An aggressive fan profile goes a long way I guess.

The Define C is definitely a good choice however especially if you are looking for a much quieter operation in general :)

Back
Top Bottom