1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Smart Watch

Discussion in 'Sports Arena' started by Axis64, Jan 28, 2019.

1. Axis64

Wise Guy

Hey guys, what smart watches do you use for tracking you activity? I have an Apple Watch currently but don’t seem to be making the most of it so was after some inspiration.

I got to the gym every day and do different classes like strength and conditioning, spinning and other days we do circuit training with weights.. I also try and get out for a run every weekend.

Cheers

Last edited: Jan 28, 2019
  2. planty

Wise Guy

Why do you think you're not making the most of the apple watch? What do you want from a smart watch and why isn't the apple watch sufficient?

I have a Garmin Fenix 5.

3. Marvt74

Capodecina

I agree. If you’re not making the most of the Apple Watch. What are you expecting another watch to do differently?

I have an Apple Watch by the way and previously had the Garmin Vivoactive 3.

4. D.P.

Caporegime

I like my garmin 935

5. Adnams Drinker

Wise Guy

Now on my second Apple Watch, having replaced my Series 0 with a Series 4 a couple of weeks ago. Both told me everything I needed to know when it came to my gym sessions and daily activity, so I don't know what more the OP is actually after. I did look at Fitbits before I opted for the Series 4, but compared to the Apple device, to my eyes they look awful.

The whole smart-watch thing is very much a first-world problem if I'm brutally honest - and I would be the first to admit I am a massive Apple whore ...

6. DrToffnar

Mobster

Speaking from experience, there's very few fitness watches (if any) that will track your S&C sessions as well a pen and paper might (outside of BPM's and the like...).

7. The Darkness

Hitman

Me too. Running everyday, cycling most days, use it for notifications, resting hr etc and get over a week between charges. Love it.