Smashed iPad screen/digitiser

Soldato
Hello.

iPad 2018 took an unknown beating. Can't see anything on the screen.

It does respond enough for me to be able to access it via iTunes.

Ideally I'd like to back it up, wipe it, sell it and buy a new on. I'm a Windows user.

Unfortunately despite being half full (128gb model) the backup is only coming in at 4gb. That doesn't seem right to me.

I also don't seem to be able to wipe it through iTune.

Short of fitting a screen to it myself, have I got any options?

Thanks

Associate
Most of the stuff will be redownloaded directly when you restore so it depends what you have on there.

Hard to advise on why you cant wipe it, any errors or anything?

Soldato
OP
I lent it to my stepson and when he pulled it out of his bag it was like that. He doesn't know what happened. Probably wheeled over it on his gaming chair or stood on it as it was on the floor. No need to go detective, he's grown up and has offered to replace it.

Can I wipe it remotely?

Soldato
OP
Most of the stuff will be redownloaded directly when you restore so it depends what you have on there.

Hard to advise on why you cant wipe it, any errors or anything?

Should I be able to wipe it through iTunes on Windows?

The screen is smashed and it just shows black and white lines

Associate
Should be able to do it from iTunes but it might need you to press buttons on the iPad, think you click restore.

Other option is through iCloud.com if you're signed in.

If you are signed in make sure to remove your account before selling otherwise it's as much as a brick due to activation lock.

Soldato
OP
Should be able to do it from iTunes but it might need you to press buttons on the iPad, think you click restore.

Other option is through iCloud.com if you're signed in.

If you are signed in make sure to remove your account before selling otherwise it's as much as a brick due to activation lock.

Thanks. Don't think I'll be able to do this with the screen in such a mess

Soldato
OP
Finally got round to have a mess about. Removed the display and digitiser and cleaned up the glue. Might as well buy an lcd and digitiser and see if it still works

Back
Top Bottom